• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is anyone disturbed with the trend of overly sized boobs?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:
I'm also wondering what female anime fans think about this.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me at all. That's just the way men are, and they've been that way since the beginning of history (Venus of Willendorf, anyone? There's always the chance it was crafted by a woman, but somehow I doubt it...) The iconic image of the female body is just a part of the history of art, and I certainly don't blame modern animators for continuing that trend. Besides, most of my favorite series don't have that issue at all (Utena, Macross, etc), so I rarely think about it.

I'm offended that you think the majority of men are like that. Sure I know alot of guys like that but I also know guys who think thats wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
I'm offended that you think the majority of men are like that. Sure I know alot of guys like that but I also know guys who think thats wrong.

Well, I'm sorry I offended you, but you're in the minority, honey. Men just are that way. There's nothing wrong with it; humans are sexual beings by nature. I wasn't judging, just stating a fact.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iemander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:

Well, I'm sorry I offended you, but you're in the minority, honey. Men just are that way. There's nothing wrong with it; humans are sexual beings by nature. I wasn't judging, just stating a fact.

I don't mind some nice sized breasts.

But for Christ's sake, saying that all men love bazookas that look like they could fall off is pretty offensive. Laughing

Seriously though, I can't see how this is in any way attractive. Are there actually people posting here that think so?
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
I don't mind some nice sized breasts.

But for Christ's sake, saying that all men love bazookas that look like they could fall off is pretty offensive. Laughing

Seriously though, I can't see how this is in any way attractive. Are there actually people posting here that think so?

Ooooh, I see. There was a misunderstanding. I should have been more careful with my wording. When I said "Men are just that way" in my first post, I was referring more to the fact that they think more visually, while women, in general, think more emotionally. That rule applies to arousal as well. Anyway, perhaps I should have been more clear. I'll go change it. I know that not all men like huge knockers, but the majority of men like breasts in general.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, let us not forget (even though I wish I could being a guy)women get their vengeance by drawing femmy pretty boy guys *cough*CLAMP*cough* so I'd say the two sexes are even in this matter. Razz

I suppose I'd be in the even smaller minority of men who prefer intelect and personallity over any features before the body. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Last edited by Kruszer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
...so I'd say we're even. Razz

I'll agree with you when women no longer earn 78 cents to the man's dollar. Wink
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh but its not just the size that i notice, its also the clothing they wear. Some are skimpy and some are just plain revealing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'll agree with you when women no longer earn 78 cents to the man's dollar.

Well when I own my own company someday I'll be hiring... Smile
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:

Humans aren't sexual creatures. Humans are creatures meant to seek out other humans, sex is a symbol of humans longing for a partner.
FLCL78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I hate animes with big boobs. God, Naga from Slayer started it all.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Oh but its not just the size that i notice, its also the clothing they wear. Some are skimpy and some are just plain revealing.

Go to the beach, I'm sure you can find women wearing hardly anything at all.

Quote:
Humans aren't sexual creatures. Humans are creatures meant to seek out other humans, sex is a symbol of humans longing for a partner.

I agree but disagree with that statement, some people don't want to be tied down to one person, also there are asexuals now a days. I guess it depends on the person really.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote
FLCL78 wrote:
I hate animes with big boobs. God, Naga from Slayer started it all.

Spoken like a true know-nothing.

First off, large breasted anime women predate Naga by years. Practically decades.

Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that large-breasted women are sex symbols in REAL LIFE TOO! Let's track back to the dawn of mass produced anime. Who were the sex symbols?

Hmm...........

Get the idea? This is nothing new, and it's not going to change, and it's nothing shocking or evil.

Sheesh, it's not as if all of anime is Kekko Kamen and Dirty Pair. There's plenty of Fushigi Yugi, Last Exile, Niea 7, and Voices of a Distant Star to go around.

There's nothing even remotely feminist about being shocked that - wonder of wonders - men like to see large breasted women. You want the inverse of this?

"Is anyone disturbed with the trend of effeminate bishonen male characters who obsess over ordinary girls?"

Works both ways, ladies.
Masterspartan243

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Sweet mother of mammaries Batman!!!!! Shocked
I'm not disturbed by big jugs on anime women unless they are tooo big as in bigger than her face big. Some people I know who watch anime with girls with big bizzugs remember the character by that trait. When I talk about the anime they always comment on the girls rack. Also sex sells. Alot of popular games have girls with huge racks in them. It also brings more life into it kind of. Well the bouncing has life. I'm running out of synonyms for breasts. I don't really think its a big deal unless the show is about their big guns. I wouldn't watch an anime when the girls knocks people out with her giant rack. Or would I? Its just a cartoon anyway.
x_ekibyougami_x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I think that most of the time male animators and artists push their idea of perfection on their female characters and women do the same thing to male characters. Being an artist myself, I find it easier to draw women and most girls I know are the same way. But it is anime, after all... When was the last time any of you have seen someone with eyes that take up 3/4ths of their face?
totalgeek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Masterspartan243 wrote:
Sweet mother of mammaries Batman!!!!! Shocked
I'm not disturbed by big jugs on anime women unless they are tooo big as in bigger than her face big. Some people I know who watch anime with girls with big bizzugs remember the character by that trait. When I talk about the anime they always comment on the girls rack. Also sex sells. Alot of popular games have girls with huge racks in them. It also brings more life into it kind of. Well the bouncing has life. I'm running out of synonyms for breasts. I don't really think its a big deal unless the show is about their big guns. I wouldn't watch an anime when the girls knocks people out with her giant rack. Or would I? Its just a cartoon anyway.

Well, if you need more synonyms for breasts just ask me... I've got a ton of them! Very Happy

And to the people who mentioned that Faye Valentine's breasts were large, I have to disagree. I thought her breasts were normal sized. I doubt Faye is bigger than a C cup, anyway. They looked a little big for her twiggy body, but I've dated girls with larger breasts than Faye's and didn't have a problem with it, at all!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 22