• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nico Nico Douga Adds 1.5 Millionth Subscriber

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
Now, if only Crunchyroll could see numbers like this. I mean, 70k isn't bad at all, but over a mill is spectacular.

I know you could argue "yeah, well Nico Nico isn't just anime"; neither is CR. It simulcasts and streams J-drama, K-drama, Taiwanese drama, variety shows, as well as anime.

Great news, either way.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote
Youtube should have paid subscription for premium options.
zeonozero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
Nico Nico is based in Japan... which is where alot more people like anime than in America... it makes sense, and good for them for getting so much money, now get some good quality out there. But i still think the comments thing is cool
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
CR doesn't do music vids as well do they? NND has the majority of all Vocaloid music as well as live bands too, plus games. NND is simalcasting fate/Zero in multipal languages, Can CR do that too?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote
zeonozero wrote:
Nico Nico is based in Japan... which is where alot more people like anime than in America... it makes sense, and good for them for getting so much money, now get some good quality out there. But i still think the comments thing is cool

It's the equivalent of Hulu and live-action shows. Laughing
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:

I know you could argue "yeah, well Nico Nico isn't just anime"; neither is CR. It simulcasts and streams J-drama, K-drama, Taiwanese drama, variety shows, as well as anime.

CR only shows non anime stuff to the US. The rest of the world gets a fraction of the anime that the US gets as well, (although that seems to be changing lately) yet we still have the same subscription prices. So, until they reduce their subscription prices for those outside the US, I am not going to subscribe. Either that, or learn to use proxies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1