• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Update: Samurai Girls To Be Released January 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
Should also note the Blu-ray version is being sold at £34.99.
Very silly pricing for a show of this nature...
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
While Amazon UK claims there will be a Blu-ray edition, there's no mention of one on The Associates site. I will check with Manga as soon as possible on this question.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
andyos wrote:
While Amazon UK claims there will be a Blu-ray edition, there's no mention of one on The Associates site. I will check with Manga as soon as possible on this question.

Quoted from Manga UK's Twitter;

"#SAMURAIGIRLS is out on 3-disc DVD and 2-disc Blu-ray on 30-Jan. Avail @AmazonUK @hmvtweets @playcom @thehut_com etc."
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quote
The Associates isn't a distributor, it's the company that Manga uses for its PR.

And I'd take that price with a pinch of salt for now, that information hasn't been updated since before November, other than the release date being changed. Hence no mention of the Blu-ray.

A better indication is Anime-On-Line, who currently list a more reasonable R.R.P. of £24.99, which is usually Manga's release price for a single cour series on DVD.
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Many thanks to both Just Passing Through and vulcanraven01 - I'm amending the story accordingly.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Kaze confirmed there would be a BD for this ages ago, so eventually did Manga at the same time they announced the DVD release date was being pushed back. I chased them a few times since; while the BD appeared on Play etc., it only showed up on Amazon quite recently and they also took a long time to update the DVD release date.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1