• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Beautiful Girl Mari

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiriath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
Whoa. Something Korean. Unusual. Very Happy
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty good. I might get it someday.
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote
What Key writes about the pacing is very true. I found the relaxed pacing of it really refreshing; it adds to the daydream-like quality of the film. (Not to mention it also reminds me a little of my favorite Takahata film, Only Yesterday.) Anyway, this is a masterpiece. Absolutely fantastic. I recommend this film to everyone, so I guess I'll go ahead and recommend it here, too. Watch it. Whether you like it or hate it, it's worth your time. I found Mari to be a wonderful experience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I honestly have to say after watching this film that I was deeply moved by it.

I had read about this title in 'Newtype USA' last year. Hearing about this being a "Korean" animated feature, I felt that it's something I should suggest for our library's collection. I definitely felt that we needed different types of animation aside from "anime". While they kept advertising this film, you couldn't find it anywhere because it hadn't been released yet. That was the one thing I can get on 'ADVfilms' about. They should have announced this title when it was on the verge of being released, NOT last year and then JUST release it this year.

We finally picked it up for the collection just in time for the new school semester. I was eager to watch this title because I had read so many other reviews about it. I finally got the chance to sit down and watch it and I was completely blown away by the visuals. I could not believe that this was done on a computer. But not so much that I was completely taken in by this film even if I hadn't figured out some of the meanings the creator was trying to convey. It's a really touching film. The score adds a nice push to it as well. Sometimes I found myself on the verge of tears. I may have to very well got out and pick this title up for myself. It's too gorgeous a film not to have.

It may not appeal to everyone, but it is a story that does touch the heart. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1