• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AnimEigo Adds Growing Up With Hello Kitty Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Dagon123 wrote:
Bandai slips away, and out of the shadows comes ol AnimEigo

While Its nothing more then Hello Kitty, I'm glad to seem them still around, I also really hope they haven't given up on the R1 anime market.

Looking at their site, that's exactly the impression I get. They didn't go out of business, they just gave up on the R1 anime market.

This seems an awful lot like (1) they're in Japan anyway getting rights to some samurai movie and (2) they realize they could sell this Hello Kitty DVD in Wal*Mart and ToysRUs.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Is Badtz Maru going to be in it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
notstarman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Will their be liner notes?

Glad to see someone comming back into the R1 anime industry. Best of luck Animeigo.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
This was out of nowhere.
I thought AnimEigo ditched anime in favor of live-action J-films.

Now, if they'll finally rescue some former CPM/Geneon/Manga Entertainment titles...
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
AnimEigo picking up an anime, I never thought AnimEigo would pick up an anime after many years of not hearing from them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MadOverlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone.

We never gave up on the Anime marketplace, we just have always been careful about the titles we licensed; we want to do stuff we like that we think we can license for a reasonable amount of money and release profitably.

Over the last few years, it's been tough to find Anime titles that meet that criteria, but the Hello Kitty titles do. And it doesn't hurt that certain people in the company (cough,cough,natsumi,cough) are big HK fans.

The dubbing is being directed by Scott Houle and he's done his usual stellar job.

This title isn't directed at the traditional Anime fan market, of course -- unless you have a small otaku in the family.

Best,
Robert
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Any word on Tiffany Grant trying to wiggle her way onto the cast? Wink But yeah, AnimEigo not dormant anymore? At least Hello Kitty's a good, safe-enough title to make some kind of money on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
MadOverlord wrote:
Hi everyone.

We never gave up on the Anime marketplace, we just have always been careful about the titles we licensed; we want to do stuff we like that we think we can license for a reasonable amount of money and release profitably.

Over the last few years, it's been tough to find Anime titles that meet that criteria, but the Hello Kitty titles do. And it doesn't hurt that certain people in the company (cough,cough,natsumi,cough) are big HK fans.

The dubbing is being directed by Scott Houle and he's done his usual stellar job.

This title isn't directed at the traditional Anime fan market, of course -- unless you have a small otaku in the family.

Best,
Robert

Thanks for the info Robert, best of luck to you.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Animeigo? I thought they were dead? Confused Good to see they aren't.

Last edited by Kruszer on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

But I must say AnimEigo, from Your Under Arrest, Urusei Yatsura and at a time I think even another Police show to Hello Kitty, it's been an interesting choice of anime over the years hasn't it been?

You mean A.D. Police, the Bubblegum Crisis spin-off OVA series?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dakaran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
AnimeEigo has many cool shows in my library. Smile

Last edited by Dakaran on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
They should consider getting this on TV. Laughing
Dakaran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Hello Kitty should be popular enough for that seeing that in quebec main shopping center they sell just about everything related to it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

But I must say AnimEigo, from Your Under Arrest, Urusei Yatsura and at a time I think even another Police show to Hello Kitty, it's been an interesting choice of anime over the years hasn't it been?

You mean A.D. Police, the Bubblegum Crisis spin-off OVA series?

It's been a very long time, so maybe that was the title. I only saw a trailer of it once, so maybe that was the title. This easily might have been six or more years ago.

Enurtsol: What station would air it though. Ever since Toonami was shut down, Cartoon Network (that I know of) pretty much eradicated all their anime shows and truthfully, I can't ever see this on Adult Swim.
Bamble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
MadOverlord wrote:
This title isn't directed at the traditional Anime fan market, of course

And let's face facts, this is exactly why this release can be licensed and released profitably.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3