• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I looks like when Dan added the Kara no Kyoukai BD box which was a similar import he just left the UPC and ISBN fields blank.

I could have done that, but with errors like Rosario + Vampire mentioned above, I'm now much more cautious when dealing with items without UPC and RightStuf-only, particularly with popular titles like Fate/Zero that would enter someone's wish list immediately, leaving no chance to remove it.

Dan has given a green light to go with those two Fate/Zero; those two pages have been added to respective releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 1 (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 2 (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 3 (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 4 (Blu-Ray + DVD)

Can someone strike the "Combo Pack" part from those titles? It's redundant since it already says Blu-ray + DVD at the end. It's also not called that anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 1 (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 2 (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 3 (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Fairy Tail - Combo Pack Part 4 (Blu-Ray + DVD)

Can someone strike the "Combo Pack" part from those titles? It's redundant since it already says Blu-ray + DVD at the end. It's also not called that anyways.

Done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
A couple problems with NISA stuff.

Kimi Ni Todoke: From Me to You - Volume 1
Kimi Ni Todoke: From Me to You - Volume 2
Katanagatari - Volume 2 Premium Edition (Sub.DVD)

Those need to be changed to Blu-Ray + DVD because they're combo packs.

Also, there should be some renaming for Katanagatari for consistency. Simply Katanatagari - Box Set 1 Premium Edition and Katanagatari - Box Set 2 Premium Edition should work. The link for the first set is here.

EDIT: Just noticed that I messed up in naming Kimi Ni Todoke. They, too, should be renamed Kimi Ni Todoke: From Me to You - Box Set 1 Premium Edition and Kimi Ni Todoke: From Me to You - Box Set 2 Premium Edition

Question: Does the system automatically recognize sub-only sets as DVDs? I ask because when I put in the second set for Kimi Ni Todoke it automatically asked for a DVD # instead of a Blu-ray #, so I couldn't do the normal + DVD like I do for other combo packs, and all other combo packs so far have had dubs. It could also be the reason why the second Katanagatari set is DVD only.

===========================

Non NISA issue

Baka and Test - Complete Set (Blu-Ray + DVD)

First, it needs to be renamed to
Quote:
Baka and Test - Complete Set Limited Edition (Blu-Ray + DVD)

Second, the picture for it is wrong. It should use this picture because the one currently in there is for the Regular Edition.

I don't know happened to this entry because I'm 100% sure it was right when I put it in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
There is no option in the dropdown for combo packs - For Fairy Tail up the thread it was entered as a BD with "+DVD" in the volume number box.

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in how things like "Premium Edition" are handled - some people put them in square brackets, some people don't. If there is a mix when correcting I will go with the majority as it is the least work but for Katanagatari we have one of each...

Last time I tried to change an image I couldn't get it to work and it doesn't seem to be working for me now either.

Everything else is done.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The first Katanagatari set is still misnamed.

Katanagatari - [Premium Edition] (Sub.Blu-Ray + DVD)
Quote:
Katanagatari - Box Set 1 Premium Edition

Quote:
There is no option in the dropdown for combo packs - For Fairy Tail up the thread it was entered as a BD with "+DVD" in the volume number box.

I know, I learned that trick from docwatson. What I was asking was if when the system sees something is sub-only it assumes it's a DVD? That's what I think is happening from seeing how Kimi Ni Todoke and Katanagatari were handled. Although, I just looked at Star Driver and it's BD releases are labeled correctly, so I guess it's a just a NISA thing.

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be much consistency in how things like "Premium Edition" are handled - some people put them in square brackets, some people don't. If there is a mix when correcting I will go with the majority as it is the least work but for Katanagatari we have one of each...

What I try to do is respect the company's naming. NISA calls them Premium, so I call them Premium. Funimation calls them Limited, so I call them Limited. Funimation uses Parts and Sentai uses Collections. I know it creates inconsistency, but I feel like I should go by whatever the publisher uses.

As for the bracket issue, I've said it before, but I think they should only be used for rereleases so they stick out more. I just tack Limited Edition or Premium onto the end, but I use [S.A.V.E. Edition] and (Classic Line). I also think there should be an {Import} tag, but apparently whoever has to enter those doesn't. However, I'd be perfectly content with (Limited Edition), [S.A.V.E. Edition], and [Classic Line], just as long as LEs and rereleases have different setups.

It was mostly me (I think) who was adding releases for a while there, and so things were consistent, but lately there's been a person adding things in as soon as I see the solicitations. I thought it was WTK, but he has no contributor points, so it can't be him.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Here's how I do it:

Title - disc/volume title [version suffix]

Title: self explanatory

Disc/volume title: the sub-title that comes with each disc, or "box set," "complete series," etc. This tells you which part of the title the release is about.

Version suffix: it is not uncommon for a "complete series" being published again and again. We've got lots of [Viridian Collection] and [S.A.V.E]. "Premium Edition" belongs here as well.

BTW, the "E" of [S.A.V.E.] stands for "Edition," so there's no need to have [S.A.V.E. Edition]; that's redundant.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
BTW, the "E" of [S.A.V.E.] stands for "Edition," so there's no need to have [S.A.V.E. Edition]; that's redundant.

When I go to the official Funimation website and click on the "Shop" button, it takes me to this page on TRSI, which is every DVD and BD release still in print for Funimation. TRSI calls it, as you can see by 009-1 in the second block, S.A.V.E. Edition. Therefore, since TRSI calls it that, and Funimation themselves use TRSI as their shop, I call it the S.A.V.E. Edition in the entries. Redundant or not, that's what several places call it.

I know you can't go to the Funimation site yourself, but that's exactly what happens.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
TRSI calls it, as you can see by 009-1 in the second block, S.A.V.E. Edition. Therefore, since TRSI calls it that, and Funimation themselves use TRSI as their shop, I call it the S.A.V.E. Edition in the entries. Redundant or not, that's what several places call it.

And it's not uncommon for retailers to remove "A" or "The," replacing "Complete Series" with "Box Set," etc., etc., etc. Pick any release and you'll see seven different formatting from seven retailers -- sometimes six, when AnimeNation has everything the same to TRSI.

I just stick with what the jacket says; if it's not possible to be 100% then I'd do my best to make it as similar as possible. In this case it's either [Super Amazing Value Edition] (obviously too long) or [S.A.V.E.].
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I just stick with what the jacket says

That's fair, and I agree that given the options [S.A.V.E.] is the best choice. I just put more stock in what TRSI calls something since they're the number 1 anime retailer in North America. Funimation does a lot of special promotions with them and even Aniplex uses them (and sometimes Bandai Store...used to, at least) exclusively at times, so even companies on both sides put faith in them. They're like the ANN of retail.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Quote:
I just stick with what the jacket says

That's fair, and I agree that given the options [S.A.V.E.] is the best choice. I just put more stock in what TRSI calls something since they're the number 1 anime retailer in North America.

I've known their titles to be wrong in the past—they are not without error (though to be fair, many times it was probably Media Blasters' solicitation text that was the source of the problem). When in doubt, I use the title on the cover of the release itself.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku - Complete Collection (Sub.DVD)

This needs to be renamed Blue Drop - Complete Collection. Sentai doesn't use the subtitle in it's official naming.

Blue Drop Complete Collection (DVD)

This should have the hyphen between "Drop" and "Collection". It doesn't really need it there, but the common naming used has it in there, and we were talking about consistency.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku - Complete Collection (Sub.DVD)

This needs to be renamed Blue Drop - Complete Collection. Sentai doesn't use the subtitle in it's official naming.

Blue Drop Complete Collection (DVD)

This should have the hyphen between "Drop" and "Collection". It doesn't really need it there, but the common naming used has it in there, and we were talking about consistency.

Both done. Smile
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 am Reply with quote
Why'd you call it "The Complete Series" instead of "Complete Collection"? Can two entries not have the same title? It's probably for the best so the sub-only and dub sets have a difference beside what's in the parenthesis.

K-ON! [Anime Legends] (DVD)

This needs to be renamed
Quote:
K-ON! - Complete Collection [Anime Legends]

Also, the first set for Katanagatari still needs to be fixed.
Quote:
Katanagatari - Volume 1 Premium Edition (Sub.Blu-Ray + DVD)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Why'd you call it "The Complete Series" instead of "Complete Collection"? Can two entries not have the same title?

Ask Sentai Filmworks, not us. Need I circle those words in red for you?

The King of Harts wrote:
K-ON! [Anime Legends] (DVD)

This needs to be renamed
Quote:
K-ON! - Complete Collection [Anime Legends]

Strangely enough, there isn't any "Complete Collection" or whatnot on the jacket, at least not on the obverse side; Amazon.com doesn't have that suffix either. If you could show me there's a suffix on the reverse side then I'd be happy to change it for you.

The King of Harts wrote:
Also, the first set for Katanagatari still needs to be fixed.
Quote:
Katanagatari - Volume 1 Premium Edition (Sub.Blu-Ray + DVD)

Done, although I don't feel quite satisfied, as the volume field becomes the type of media, while the true volume number is now within the title. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 43