• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hata: Hayate the Combat Butler Manga Is About 60% Done

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
I always said this series would end around Christmas time, just like it started. Cool

I can't imagine what they're going to announce when Hata gets back if it isn't the Season 3 air date.
minirop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
probably, since the 3rd season was known before the film aired.
60% ? so it will finish in about 20 volumes... pfiou, that's not near. :p
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
do want. badly. the first series (i just rewatched a few weeks ago) was freaking hilarious to me. 2nd series (more like series 1.5) wasnt any where near as good, probably because it wasnt a true sequel series. I hope series 3 will continue where 1 left off for real and be just as good, or better than 1
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
2nd series (more like series 1.5) wasnt any where near as good, probably because it wasnt a true sequel series.

Of course it was a true sequel. It picked up with the first story part of the manga the first series didn't do.

Quote:
I hope series 3 will continue where 1 left off for real and be just as good, or better than 1

Not going to happen. Most of the second half of the first series was anime original material, and it included making its own versions of characters that will eventually matter in the story. The second series was all from the manga, and they would be insane to suddenly make the third series completely unrelated to the manga (though if they don't think they'll have the sales to do a fourth seeries [which is likely] then an anime original ending wouldn't be a bad idea). But the school superintendent storyline wrapped up well before the end of the first series and some of those last episodes *were* manga material, so I'm not sure how you could consider the second series to not truly follow from the first.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Too bad Viz doesn't care for this series here enough to speed up the release. Evil or Very Mad
jacksonart55

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree a thrid season will probably end up focusing on End of the Word/Mykonos and the Vegas arcs for good measure. I'd be really suprised if they didn't use any of the source material.

And I'm really mad Viz is only doing about 2-3 volumes a year. We're never going to catch up. -_-
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Too bad Viz doesn't care for this series here enough to speed up the release.

Not to worry! Assuming Hayate only runs about another 25 volumes, at the current rate of release it will only take Viz 18 years or so to catch up!

Mad

Quote:
Yeah, I agree a thrid season will probably end up focusing on End of the Word/Mykonos and the Vegas arcs for good measure. I'd be really suprised if they didn't use any of the source material.

Pretty much. They've got so much content to work with at this point that I'm more worried about what they'll cut then what they'll keep.

I mean, yeesh. There's literally more unadapted chapters available then the first two seasons covered put together.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1