• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Cat Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animedude35

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Hopefully they will stay true to the manga and since I've been playing Jump Superstars lately on my friend's DS, I've been looking forward to this.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
Let us hope that this runs 52 episodes.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:37 am Reply with quote
Animedude35 wrote:
Yay! Hopefully they will stay true to the manga and since I've been playing Jump Superstars lately on my friend's DS, I've been looking forward to this.

Has there been a series where Gonzo stayed true to the manga? Rolling Eyes
cell21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Has there been a series where Gonzo stayed true to the manga? Rolling Eyes

The only one i think that comes close is Full Metal Panic but considering other parts of the manga which were funny chapters were taken away to create fumofuu thats the only one i know of.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Animedude35 wrote:

according to Viz's Shonen Jump, the Black Cat anime "tells an original storyline, spinning off the one that appeared in the manga." *shrug* at least the animation looks decent...
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
If I had never read the manga and just looked at the trailer, the first thing that would have popped into my head would be, "Another one of these Rave Master thingies". I really hope the music is good. The aspect I oticed first is that the art is different from the manga. (Which comes as no surprise.) I'll just have to get used to it. I'm not overly confident that it'll be an excellent series (rarely do I see shonen fighting series that way), but I have confidence in Gonzo's production quality. I think though, that with a series like Black Cat, it's hard to make it into a 26 or 52 episode series. Fifty-two maybe, but 26 would be difficult. I think maybe a spinoff would be better...but it's still too early to say anything.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
The aspect I oticed first is that the art is different from the manga. (Which comes as no surprise.) I'll just have to get used to it.

yeah... I'm kinda on the edge about the anime art style myself... altho having seen the trailer I like it more then when there were only a couple stills out there. still... one of the things I loved about the manga was the art style... so... even tho I feel a little better about the anime style I'm still on the edge.

.Sy wrote:
I'm not overly confident that it'll be an excellent series (rarely do I see shonen fighting series that way), but I have confidence in Gonzo's production quality. I think though, that with a series like Black Cat, it's hard to make it into a 26 or 52 episode series. Fifty-two maybe, but 26 would be difficult. I think maybe a spinoff would be better...but it's still too early to say anything.

my little fangirl mind is all "even if it's not the best... I can make animated livejournal icons!! *heart*sparkle*heart*" Anime catgrin (seriously, I enjoy iconizing WAAAY too much... heck, I've already iconized scenes from the trailer) also, I gotta wonder about how many eps it'll be as well... I can see it getting compressed down to 26 eps with a bit of trimming and several changes, but evgen then it'd probably feel too rushed, and anything less would definately have too much of a rushed feel to it. here's hoping for at least 52 eps!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1