• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Launches 1080p High-Definition Streams

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
People sure do enjoy their placebo effects.

We've already established that the 1080p streams are upgrades in quality to the actual 720p streams, the claim is that the same upgrade in bitrate would have resulted in more improvement with a "720p_HQ" stream.
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Anyway, glad to see this finally happen. Maybe more might go with CR instead of torrents, but you'll still have the "Why pay $5 a month for HD, no commercials, and an hour after the Japanese airing when I can download fansubs for free a few days later?" mentality.

You're forgetting the and not available in my territory.

I have a couple of additional concerns in addition to the ones summarized here. I prefer to spend the 5$ on a BluRay or DVD that I can keep. Streaming means if they decide to take down certain shows at a later point or if I can't keep paying for some reason I lose access. Additionally, streaming has never worked perfectly for me. I've had problems with stuttering on every website I've used when it comes to the high quality streams, and even at 480p/360p occasionally youtube will be doing this.

I might be willing to spend something for downloadable mkv files, but I like having a collection and neither streaming or downloading provides that.

I rip my own discs right now to get mkvs for convenience since I use a laptop with a projector.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5