• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DearS Ending

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Man, I sure hope that it's better than the anime ending.

When GAINAX has better and more coherent endings than you, you're better off quitting while your behind.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
It's bound to be better than the anime ending. I hear the anime used the end of volume 2 as the ending of the anime. Yeah, the actual ending has got to better than that.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I have stated all along that the Manga was way greater than the Anime in all aspects.
Egrimm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:52 am Reply with quote
It could have a much better ending than the anime although I fear that it might end a bit abrupt. There is current 7 books out and it probably ends with 8 books total (book 7 came in march so it'd fit with book 8 containing the end of the story from the novemebe magazine) there is much more story and a bit more character development in the manga.
spoiler[Book 7 ends with the relations being uncertain as Takeya clearly is more interested in Miyu (he kissed her earlier) and Ren is finally started to get affected by the playboy trying to get closer to her. I have a hard time imagining that being tied up nicely in just one book, they finally began having a bit of drama in the relations and then it ends Rolling Eyes ]

As mentioned before the anime ended around the end of book 2 to middle of book 3, so there is much more story in the manga and obviously the ending must be different.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1