• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses High School DxD TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Just like Sentai is only putting out stuff like Infinite Stratos and Motto To-Love Ru and Media Blasters is only putting out Queen's Blade (which is actually really good, but it has boobs, so no one cares).

IS actually isn't really that ecchi...yes it has it's moments, but I wouldn't lump it in with To-Love-Ru, High School DxD or Queens blade.

Sacto0562 wrote:
You can gripe all you want, but I believe the two Rosario + Vampire seasons have been pretty strong sellers for FUNi here in the USA (Nana Mizuki actually does a pretty good voice acting work, considering that "Outer Moka" and "Inner Moka" are such wildly divergent characters). As such, I'm not surprised FUNi got the license for the new series....

I feel sorry for the people who bought both seasons of Rosario Vampire. The only reason I sat through both seasons back to back was Moka. What an adaptation travesty.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
Nice one FUNi. Those booby hungry fans will SUCK this right up.
hollowfication

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:55 am Reply with quote
figure funimation had to take this one away every good anime that pop up funimation licence it take a 2 yrs to take out swearing censor everything...
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
hollowfication wrote:
figure funimation had to take this one away every good anime that pop up funimation licence it take a 2 yrs to take out swearing censor everything...

Oh look, another weeaboo.

If you seriously think Funi censors ANYTHING, you're too ognorant to be worth talking to.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote
Just watched the 3rd eppie today - they've introduced a nun character named Asia Argento - Laughing People who reflexively dismiss t'n'a shows are missing a fun little goofy romp. Although I would say that for the first time, the violence went beyond "goofy." I'm never comfortable seeingspoiler[ a female character get stomped on] but so far that's my only real beef with the show.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you on that Blood-, there isn't a quicker way to get me to revile a character than that, but if they go too far I feel very iffy about watching it. The scene in Kara no Kyoukai was particularly bad.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
The only sad thing about this license is that it has caused so many people to completely forget about the series Funi has scheduled for release in 2012 and claim that they are a boobs only company.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
hollowfication wrote:

Oh look, another weeaboo.

If you seriously think Funi censors ANYTHING, you're too ognorant to be worth talking to.

What the in the world are you on about?
That guy basically said he has an issue with how long it takes Funi to put things out and censoring. He is probably referring to the production time between Funi's censored streams, which do exist despite your ignorance, and Funi's uncut video releases.

Calling him a weeaboo is inflammatory and insulting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7