• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Korean Kimi wa Pet/Tramps Like Us Film's Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
As someone who loves the Kimi wa Petto manga and J-drama, I thought this film adaptation was, hmm, fair to middling. Imo, It changed some aspects of the characters and the plot a bit too much which in turn fundamentally changed the nature of Sumire (not her name in the Korean version obviously) & Momo's developing relationship. Maybe the story just can't be told the way it should be in the brief timespan of a movie. I won't spoil the specifics for the small handful of other people on this forum who might be interested (besides, reviews have already made their way across the internet) but let's just say I probably would've adored it if I hadn't already known the story from the manga.

Having said all that, if it gets a R1 DVD release it's still a must-buy for me (if for no other reason than Jang Geun Suk singing "Mandy").

P.S. Also excited about Kim Ha-Neul starring in a K-drama version of Zettai Kareshi. Here's hoping it's better than the J-drama!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1