• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Negima! Magister Negi Magi Manga to End in 3 More Chapters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:48 am Reply with quote
This could ether be him wanting to set up for Negi Z or he could be ready to end it. Ether's fine with me, Negi's been amazing.
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote
yeah i pretty sure they will be sequel (since negima technically shonene show so no surprise there )

i am predicting it will be 100 year time skip (or something like that) which when Chao live and space elevator been built
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:07 am Reply with quote
rrizqiw wrote:
yeah i pretty sure they will be sequel (since negima technically shonene show so no surprise there )
spoiler[
i am predicting it will be 100 year time skip (or something like that) which when Chao live and space elevator been built]

Use SPOILER TAGS! Not everyone is following the scanlations/Japanese release.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
rrizqiw wrote:
spoiler[
i am predicting it will be 100 year time skip (or something like that) which when Chao live and space elevator been built]

Use SPOILER TAGS! Not everyone is following the scanlations/Japanese release.

spoiler[Negi kills Voldemort.] lol.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote
Finally at least. Some friends are waiting to see if there's a good ending before plunking for the whole shebang. Laughing
Deadwing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:08 am Reply with quote
There's no way it's coming to an end. There are just way too many unanswered questions (see Astronerdboy's blog post regarding the news for more details). I too am expecting there to be a sequel series debuting under a new name (considering Negi's new responsibilites, he wouldn't exactly be a "Magic Teacher" anymore), with Akamatsu-sensei taking a break of perhaps a few months.

But if this is the end, it's been on hell of a run, and I hope the ending is of incredibly epic proportions. I've been following Negima since Del Rey released the first volume back in 2004 (has it really been that long?), and it's been my current favorite manga series that entire duration.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
Oh jesus, I've only read up to volume 30 and I still can tell that this isn't enough time.

Dammit, my favorite manga ever is ending. This sucks.
Dardre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 am Reply with quote
I'm really hoping that he plans either a sequel or spin-off sequel (perhaps focusing on the adventures of the students like Yue, Nodoka, Kaede, Ku Fei, etc.).

Still, it's been one heck of a ride. I can say, with absolute certainty, that this will always be in my top 3 (currently #1) favorite manga. It's also the only shonen fighting manga that I've never lost interest in. Every other series I got bored with shortly after their first tournament arc. With this series, things just kept getting better and more interesting instead of repetitive and predictable like the other series.

And this series just has so much potential for so many stories, and not only that, but so many different types of stories.

Whatever he decides to do, I'm just going to be grateful that he created Negima and I was able to read and enjoy it. Very Happy
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote
This is one of the few titles I have shown my utmost support by refusing to read scanlated and buying the manga once they come out. I've been very happy with my surprises in this manga. And for resisting the urge to read all the spoiler tags. I'll be looking forward to the end. Go for it, Ken!
TnAdct1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Akamatsu's wife probably demanded a PERMANENT HIATUS.

More than likely, Ken Akamatsu is probably now going to be busy focusing on J-Comi (especially in terms of international availability).
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I can see him getting burned out when you figure Love Hina was 14 volumes and Negima! is well over 30. Sure, they're two different animals, but the guy needs to move on to something else and I don't blame him one bit.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
There's two things can happen due to the manga ending.

1. We get an ending that ties everything up somehow
2. A second manga with the time skip, because at that point the current title of the manga wouldn't fit because Negi isn't a teacher at that point.

Given how there's a lot of stuff that hasn't been covered yet the second thing looks like it'd be more likely. Seeing as a lot of on-going mangas that do time skips tend to split it in to a second part under a new name.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
What? NO! Especially with the way the most recent chapter includes a ton of hints at things that happened spoiler[during the 5 month time-skip. Valentine's Day shenanigans; an explanation for Ako's scar; something about Setsuna, Konoka, and Tsukuyomi; a backstory for Sayo; etc.]
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I've been collecting and following the series closesly, frankly i'm sad he ending it and ending it way he ending it. spoiler[Becoming immortal, changes fact Negima can't have kids. Chaos can't be his descendant by blood. So its kinda stupid, immortal kid. I didn't like that at all, i rather had him grow up. We haven't seen the ending, so there can be surprises. But with that change, there isn't much mystery left to him for me. I'm enjoying the comedy and the action story as it unfolds.]]

I hope Ken Akamatsu-sensei doesn't stop doing mangas. Hopefully, he'll be coming out with a new one while he still has his youth There hasn't been many mangas lately that have been so good as Negima has been. Its love harelm, i know with little kid in it. But humor Ken Akamatsu-sensei brings to a story, it brings its to life for me.
burnpsy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Would it kill you to write the names correctly, Wrangler?

spoiler[His name's Negi, not Negima. Her name's Lingshen Chao, not Chaos.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4