• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Signs Deals for LBX/Danbōru Senki Anime Toys

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
As awesome as Danball Senki is, the chances of a good dub are pretty much nil given it's toy/game based nature. Can't see this as a good thing. Ah well, I guess it'll be fun to see how they handle the spoiler[assassination of the Prime Minster of Japan] storyline, or the deathlock the main character's LBX has, and other family fun storylines.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
Great news. Haven't seen the anime, but I do like the looks of the models so it'll be nice to have a cheap source for those if they bring them over. The designs are nice, even if they only produce figures I'll likely still bite.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
As awesome as Danball Senki is, the chances of a good dub are pretty much nil given it's toy/game based nature. Can't see this as a good thing. Ah well, I guess it'll be fun to see how they handle the spoiler[assassination of the Prime Minster of Japan] storyline, or the deathlock the main character's LBX has, and other family fun storylines.

It's going to be dubbed by Blue Water so even if it wasn't kids stuff it would be a crapshoot.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:53 am Reply with quote
Not really familiar with that dubbing group.

Well, I guess as long as the toys are the same product and not just cheap imitations like some other toy lines, then I can support that at least.

...Now that I think about it, is building models a kid thing? Like, little kids, I mean. Widespread beyond a small group. I'm not sure if the average kid will have the patience for building a model when they can just buy a booster pack of cards and get into a game quickly.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
As long as they're simple snap kits kids will buy them. Kids do like to build things, it's what has kept Lego and the other construction sets running all these years.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

It's going to be dubbed by Blue Water so even if it wasn't kids stuff it would be a crapshoot.

You are stating that G Gundam's dub sucked. You are implying the Pretty Cure dub sucked. I don't like you.

I'll give you Zeta Gundam though. That DID suck.

Also; Source?

I'd LOVE to buy the models but knowing Bandai, they probably won't bring them and instead, make their own crap quality versions.

I just want the game in English, okay? You hear me, Level 5?
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Primus wrote:

You are stating that G Gundam's dub sucked. You are implying the Pretty Cure dub sucked. I don't like you.

I'll give you Zeta Gundam though. That DID suck.

Also; Source?

I'd LOVE to buy the models but knowing Bandai, they probably won't bring them and instead, make their own crap quality versions.

I just want the game in English, okay? You hear me, Level 5?

I'm not saying everything they've done is bad. What I'm saying is that they're a mixed bag who's published a lot of bad to mediocre stuff in the past but are seemingly improving.

As for a source, I have Blue Water's casting agency.

TitanXL wrote:
Not really familiar with that dubbing group.

Well, I guess as long as the toys are the same product and not just cheap imitations like some other toy lines, then I can support that at least.

The official PR actually says Bandai America will be doing an exclusive line.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1