• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ultraviolet: Code 044 to Begin Airing on G4 This Month

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Not that this show was all bad from my understanding, but... if G4 is going to complain about people not watching their anime, ergo giving them less motivation to play anime, why don't they, oh, I don't know, find some actual grade-A, fan-bait shows to play? It worked for Adult Swim.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, I forgot this even existed. Of course, Ultraviolet itself was extremely forgetable...
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
So this will be going up against Adult Swim and Bleach, I take it? I guess now would be a good time to test a potential future anime block against a show going through a filler arc. With proper advertising, they might be able to pull in a semi-decent audience for the first episode (though I'm probably being generous).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I did NOT see THIS coming! Yep, head-to-head with Bleach. That's like an idiot on a roof taking pot shots at a mighty spaceship. Hopefully G4 will re-air this at some point on Sunday night, perhaps after Wolverine. Or maybe this is just a sneak peek, a la what they first did with Iron Man and Wolverine about half a year ago. We can only hope.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Sony's "soon" only took a couple years. Laughing
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't this a terrible show? I only ever heard bad things about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Wasn't this a terrible show? I only ever heard bad things about it.

Not sure about the show, but the movie was terrible, so there's that to consider.

I have to wonder how seriously G4 is looking at airing anime again? Airing series that are attached to American properties like the Marvel shows and this one seems like a decent way to test if there is any interest at all since there is a broader level of appeal, but after years of the netowork's attitude being "nobody watches anime anymore," I'm skeptical.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Hm. I was wondering if this going to be on since viper's creed was but wasn't expecting it since that was pulled after four episodes. Pretty good to me from I what saw on crackle.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
It worked for Adult Swim.

*insert lots of hysterical laughing here* Oh, thats rich......How relevant has that statement been? Not since a few years now.

Also, why does one of cable's worse stations get such stuff?
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
The film was indeed horrid so I doubt the television series will be any better but their is a fan base out there for this type of show so hopefully they are paying attention to it.
Lordziba

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
In what I am disappointed greatly not just how the G4 showed the Viper's Greed, but the fact that the English version dialog cannot be bought anywhere. I got both subtitled version of the Vipers Creed and Ultraviolet: Code 44, both one of my favorite animes, since I like military sci-fi. However, I afraid that Code 44 might await the fate as the Viper's Creed and therefore, I'd rather have an ability to purchase the series.

Thank you for reading about my concerns, maybe anyone else regret that the both animes could not be purchased in the stores (or I am already outdated)?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
It worked for Adult Swim.

*insert lots of hysterical laughing here* Oh, thats rich......How relevant has that statement been? Not since a few years now.

Also, why does one of cable's worse stations get such stuff?

Six years by my mark.

And is just me or is G4 where projects like this go to die? First the Marve quartet (which I still contend should have just been a 52 episode X-Men cartoon) and now this. Is Adult Swim phasing out the block this fast?
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the movie when it aired last night, and it is of note that it's only on the East Coast that the movie/anime are on at 10pm/midnight. It's 7pm/9pm on the West Coast.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Is Adult Swim phasing out the block this fast?

IIRC, it's much cheaper to have shows commissioned than to license Anime. But then again, tastes change, and people move on. Plus you can only support a block so much with pointless Family Guy reruns.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for Canada's version of G4 to show some animation, like U:C044 or the recent Iron Man and Wolverine series. As it is currently, G4 Canada is very dull.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2