• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fortune Retold

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Legendia (easily the worst Tales game)

Welll, technically it's not even a Tales game since the Tales studio didn't develop it.

I'm still annoyed that Rebirth never came over here...either version!

well even though we never got rebirth we might get innocence R since namcos vita library is really small and it would help to release a title a with a large (or medium sized) fanbase...then again it is namco so who knows but they did say they were interested in releasing it over here so theres hope. as for rebirth...knowing namco it will be ported on the vita or ps3 in two years mark my words! Razz
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Symphonia is imo the best Tales game period. Vesperia 2. Both are in my top ten of all time.

But Abyss is awesome, that being said there is really no reason to play the 3ds version if you have played the ps2 version.

Looking forward to Grace and hopefully Xillia.

Ill be getting the last story CE, and if it comes out here, then Ill just get it again, no bigge.

Ill admit Conception is no worse than Agarest war, honestly some people get offended by the weirdest things.

Oh what do we get from the US companies, if its an rpg you are either a knight or a space mans, and everything else is an fps. Granted I am exaggerating somewhat, but these quirky Japanese titles are at least interesting.
Konopan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Symphonia is imo the best Tales game period.

Really? They don't get better than Symphonia? Good to know.

Now I can avoid ever touching another game in the series without any regret.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
thepsychogamer wrote:
...at least Luke was memorable, even if it was only for being an whining headache. and a world that really wasn't that interesting. Remind me, what did the game have going for it?

Can't say much about Legendia, since I barely played it.

But the best thing about Abyss?

...Tear's thighs. Hands down the only reason I slogged through hours 20 thru 50.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
Konopan wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
Symphonia is imo the best Tales game period.

Really? They don't get better than Symphonia? Good to know.

Now I can avoid ever touching another game in the series without any regret.

funny but if i had to add tales of graces, tales of vespia, tales of xillia, tales of innocence and tales of the abyss are all great adds to the franchise. However I am on older tales fan who has been playing with the series since 97 as seen below.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AberenboShogun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:35 am Reply with quote
to anyone whos never played Tales of the Abyss...
give it a try, its a fantastic game. i played it on the ps2
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Lightning Leo wrote:
TheZeonicFront wrote:
I know this is a petty comment, but if you think Clover from "Good People Die" looks like Yoko you need to get your eyes checked. Because they are both wearing bikini tops? I don't really get the connection.

It also shows you have never played the first game because that is one of two characters the games have in common.

If the police had to make a lineup based on this description...

1) Young, slim 5'-6' tall teenage girl
1) Reddish hair drawn back in long, flowy ponytail
2) Super-short cutoff dark jeans with a thick belt
3) Thigh-high leggings/stockings
4) No shirt, only reddish bikini top with black print

...then Yoko and Clover would both fall in that lineup. There's a passing deja-vu resemblance, I personally didn't find the comparison entirely unfounded.

Er I guess. There are lot more video/game anime characters that share closer similarities.

You could say every anime/game girl in a skin tight spandex suit with pigtails and long hair looks like Asuka, but it doesn't make it true.

The girl from Ghost Trick actually looks just like Yoko in the face. That is a better comparison.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
funny but if i had to add tales of graces, tales of vespia, tales of xillia, tales of innocence and tales of the abyss are all great adds to the franchise. However I am on older tales fan who has been playing with the series since 97 as seen below.

Very nice! A shame the localized Tales library is so small. We need to help it expand here.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

Very nice! A shame the localized Tales library is so small. We need to help it expand here.

Which is why I just bought Abyss 3DS...despite not owning a 3Ds yet Anime hyper

Great collection by the way. I still don't have Destiny though (and I imported the PSP version of Eternia)
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
thepsychogamer wrote:
I thought they where porting Tales of the Abyss to the 3DS because they wanted to give the players the chance to make the story a bigger headache with the awful 3D effects.
At this point the 3D headache jokes are stale, and TotA actually has good 3D implementation.
gatotsu911 wrote:
Also, isn't the 3DS supposed to fix the PS2 version's framerate problems, or something?
It does, by making it a consistent 30 fps. On the upside, the loadtimes that have plagued the PS2 version are gone.
Shenl742 wrote:
Which is why I just bought Abyss 3DS...despite not owning a 3Ds yet Anime hyper
I also heard TotA is on a limited print run. While your at it, might I also recommend Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy a.k.a. 3D Cross Rumble a.k.a. The remake of Ace Combat 2 on the 3DS that is severely underrated.

I grabbed Tekken simply because I have every other fighting game on the 3DS. It's slowly becoming my "fighting game schools of thought" console.

Speaking of RPGs that need real love, Radiant Historia just had a reprinting. Grab it while you still can folks.

I wish there was someway that Rhythm Heaven Fever's success would be directly tied to our likelihood of getting The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. I got the game considering Nintendo has a fantastic repertoire of excellent localization quality (when they do localize stuff), and the Rhythm Heaven series being one of those titles considering it ivolves lyrics in a rhythm game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3