• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Cosplay Summit 2012's Team USA Chosen

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:42 am Reply with quote
I'd be ok with that if they didn't use "sex" and "Princess Tutu" together. *sigh* Confused
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I'd be ok with that if they didn't use "sex" and "Princess Tutu" together. *sigh* Confused

It's not really related? That's just the name these two cosplayers use for their "team" cosplay. They've done other things, I believe.

Anyway, really glad to see this, and looking forward to actually seeing the skit once its up! I don't think it was that long ago when the U.S. was represented by a gorgeous Mytho/Rue cosplay, so this is interesting.

At the same time, as much of a Tutu fan as I am, I actually kind of prefer the Ah! My Goddess cosplay by itself.
Etrien

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
Those are some, uh, exceptionally form-fitting tights...
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
So, did any of the teams have to bribe or sleep with the judges? It seems that WCS is a depraved haven for stories about how some contestants do whatever means possible to get a ticket to Japan and win.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
Etrien wrote:

It's a brave girl who can wear that black-and-white outfit in the second picture. Wow. Just wow. It doesn't leave anything to the imagination. I could probably do a mole-map on her, it's that risqué.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 am Reply with quote
I remember that group. They are always in the Anime Expo cosplay contest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Etrien wrote:

It's a brave girl who can wear that black-and-white outfit in the second picture. Wow. Just wow. It doesn't leave anything to the imagination. I could probably do a mole-map on her, it's that risqué.

I've seen performances like that, even at Universal Studios, complete with camel toe. Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
That's certainly a Team name. Yet though, they have sponsors, so I guess that name is acceptable enough for sponsorship.
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
So, did any of the teams have to bribe or sleep with the judges? It seems that WCS is a depraved haven for stories about how some contestants do whatever means possible to get a ticket to Japan and win.

Haven't heard anything bad regarding the US regional competition for this year. Of course, if some of the previous testimony is to be believed, the winning country is pretty much determined beforehand and the WCS itself is little more than an elaborate publicity stunt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I had the privilege of seeing the WCS prelims at Katsucon this year. I'm not a huge fan of the Utena skit, though I'm not saying that they didn't deserve to win 3rd place. The Ah! My Goddess and Princess Tutu skits definitely deserved their awards. The Ah! My Goddess dance sequence was riveting, and after watching the whole creepy/evil mirror during the Princess Tutu skit I don't think that there was any doubt in anyone's mind who the winner was. Both of these skits are now on Youtube.
JDuks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
3DPD
shukero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Some of these people are awesome, while others look like they don't know what sewing is :S Then again, I could never even sew, so I cant really judge Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Caloris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
WCS is rigged, so why does this matter?
shukero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Caloris wrote:

How do you know that? Have you seen it? or do you have evidence? Please don't start accusing people or organizations of things unless you are willing to explain it in the same post please. Otherwise it makes you look bias. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Caloris wrote:

How do you know that? Have you seen it? or do you have evidence? Please don't start accusing people or organizations of things unless you are willing to explain it in the same post please. Otherwise it makes you look bias. Sad

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2005-08-30/world-cosplay-summit-ends-in-aichi
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2