• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Newest Fairy Tail OAD's Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
It's a bit late since it was released last week, or...the PV may have been posted last week thursday.

~But I enjoyed this OVA much better than the other two. This one to me was much more heart-felt Smile with that hint of comedy, well done it was.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
It's a bit late since it was released last week, or...the PV may have been posted last week thursday.

~But I enjoyed this OVA much better than the other two. This one to me was much more heart-felt Smile with that hint of comedy, well done it was.

Yeah, it felt just like one of those bonus chapters in the manga, like the story about raising happy with natsu and lisanna.

I guess that's the difference when it's written by the original author.

Also, the manga comes with the DVD and the storyboards for the OVA drawn by Mashima himself... Which is really interesting if you're into that stuff. Actually the storyboards are impeccably pretty.
Mashima clearly spent a lot of time on it (way more than your usual TV anime storyboard which is... extraordinarily sketchy for the most part).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
1945113 wrote:

Yeah, it felt just like one of those bonus chapters in the manga, like the story about raising happy with natsu and lisanna.

Also, the manga comes with the DVD and the storyboards for the OVA drawn by Mashima himself... Which is really interesting if you're into that stuff. Actually the storyboards are impeccably pretty.
Mashima clearly spent a lot of time on it (way more than your usual TV anime storyboard which is... extraordinarily sketchy for the most part).

Yep, Mashima's art style is one that I love alooooot. That's why I was so glad that he was going to do the character designs in the movie ;D that's being released later this year. I just wish the anime had a bigger budget D:. I believe they only release DVDs' of Fairy Tail no BDs'. I'm pretty sure people would buy those more than the DVDs' if they offered it/
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
Its been such along time since I watched this anime (have only kept up with the manga) maybe I'll go watch this, the fact that I see blood for once intriuges me Anime hyper
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
samuelp wrote:
1945113 wrote:

Yep, Mashima's art style is one that I love alooooot. That's why I was so glad that he was going to do the character designs in the movie ;D that's being released later this year. I just wish the anime had a bigger budget D:. I believe they only release DVDs' of Fairy Tail no BDs'. I'm pretty sure people would buy those more than the DVDs' if they offered it/

Not really... The show isn't animated in anything close to HD... Check out Funimation's blurays and you can see that there isn't much detail gained when going to blu-ray. (You probably get less compression artifacts, though).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
1945113 wrote:
samuelp wrote:
1945113 wrote:

Not really... The show isn't animated in anything close to HD... Check out Funimation's blurays and you can see that there isn't much detail gained when going to blu-ray. (You probably get less compression artifacts, though).

That's because Funimation's Blu-ray of Fairy Tail is an upscaled version.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Been keeping up with the anime and manga as of lately. Those neko ears that Erza is wearing is convincing me to watch this :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I stopped reading the manga online at some point since the story started to get mundane and boring; around the time wherespoiler[ they had those advancement tests or w/e.
]

Might go back to it if they ever release like naruto does in those 3 in 1 volumes, since the volumes are up to like 18 Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
opn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
hmmmm is it just me or does spoiler[the blonde hair guy and the black hair guy in the preview look a awful like sting and rouge of course it could just be my imagination and the fact i haven't seen this doesnt help...]
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
More Lucy/Erza service is always appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
hmmmm is it just me or does spoiler[the blonde hair guy and the black hair guy in the preview look a awful like sting and rouge of course it could just be my imagination and the fact i haven't seen this doesnt help...]

Maybe, not really in my eyes. But guess who those REALLY are. It's pretty easy once you think about it.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
1945113 wrote:
opn wrote:

Maybe, not really in my eyes. But guess who those REALLY are. It's pretty easy once you think about it.

okay after re watching it i was waaay off it was actually spoiler[natsu and grey with their hair dyed.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1