• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Adds More Boys-Love, Adult Manga Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoop11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote
Before people get on my case on what I am about to say, this is a matter of total preference...

I am hoping that more publishers will start publishing their non-yaoi/non-yuri stuff now that e-readers are becoming more popular. I realize that there are a few exceptions out there, but unless I go on to a site that has scanlations, I feel like my only choices for my particular e-reader are in either of these two realms, and I really have no interest in it.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
I'm excited to see that they're putting these two titles out in print format. As much as I love the convenience of being able to read things online/on an e-reader, I much prefer actually holding books in my hands.

That said, I like the cover art for Sleepless Nights. I'm definitely going to be checking it out.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Digital also confirmed that it licensed the eighth and final volume of Tyrant Falls in Love.

Hot diggity DAMN. SOLD.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Scoop11 wrote:
Before people get on my case on what I am about to say, this is a matter of total preference...

I am hoping that more publishers will start publishing their non-yaoi/non-yuri stuff now that e-readers are becoming more popular.

I hope they pass through the "publish yuri stuff" phase that you are assuming first. If they jump straight from "yaoi" to "non-yaoi, non-yuri" without passing yuri and collecting my dollars, I would be annoyed.

Quote:
... I feel like my only choices for my particular e-reader are in either of these two realms, ...

Which is your ereader? If I scrape together the bucks to by another ereader, I want to be sure to buy this one that has boatloads of yuri titles available.
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
why has it only been boy love lately? Are they trying to balance out their offerings?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
*its only yaoi titles*

Mother............
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
why has it only been boy love lately? ...

You mean, from Digital Manga Publishing, which with their Juné imprint is a leading Yaoi publisher in the US?

Hmmm, good question. No obvious answer comes to mind. Valentine's day?
billk1928

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
Every email notice I received from DMP was another offering of BL and/or Yaoi, so I unsubscribed. Are those and Yuri the only titles they're making money off of?
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
billk1928 wrote:
Every email notice I received from DMP was another offering of BL and/or Yaoi, so I unsubscribed. Are those and Yuri the only titles they're making money off of?

That aside is what raised my original question ... where are all these DMP yuri titles of which you speak? Okazu has started accumulating a list of yuri titles available outside of Japan, and there's 20 in the list at the moment, 8 in print (or in press) in the US: 3 ALC, 3 Seven Seas, 1 Infinity Studios, 1 Viz. And the 3 digital entries for the US are JManga, not eComics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1