• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AU] anime releases not licensed/released in N. America

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Do you know by chance if that artbox is a chipboard box? Or how common (if it all) it is for Madman to do chipboard artboxes?

I will be surprised if it's not chipboard. The safest route may be contacting them via email ([email protected]) to find out.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, I'm very, very tempted to buy three of those so that I can make the picture. There was someone from Shelf Life that did that a long time ago, and it was really nice.

I, too, would be surprised if it wasn't chipboard. The K-ON art box is pretty recent, and that's chipboard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
And this Madoka release looks pretty damn spiffy as well. And all for about $43 USD. I wonder what sort of extras the LE comes with though? Other than the box.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
I'll just note this little nugget of info here in regards to the planned Collector's Box for the upcoming FMA OVA release.

via Madman Ent. Facebook page
Quote:
6) I've seen that the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Movie (SSOM) Blu Ray Disc & DVD is being released on April 24, is it safe to assume that we will be receiving it around July and will this contain the Collector's Box?

6) June. No box. that will come with the OVA
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
When They Cry (Higurashi no Naku Koroni) - The Complete Series is scheduled for a 4/19/2012 release (AUD $79.95).
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
LINK
Quote:
HIGURASHI NO MARCH
16 Feb 2012

Heads up for Higurashi fans - the release date for Part 1 of Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai has been pushed to May. I know, I know, I know, but please bear with us. After so many years languishing in limbo a couple more months isn't too much to ask, right? We want to do this well, so we need that little bit more time to pull this one across the finish line. We'll have it up for pre-order over the coming weeks, so sit tight.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
LINK
Quote:
HIGURASHI NO MARCH
16 Feb 2012

Heads up for Higurashi fans - the release date for Part 1 of Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai has been pushed to May. I know, I know, I know, but please bear with us. After so many years languishing in limbo a couple more months isn't too much to ask, right? We want to do this well, so we need that little bit more time to pull this one across the finish line. We'll have it up for pre-order over the coming weeks, so sit tight.

Well that's annoying. *Grumbles profanities*
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
Posted by someone @ Siren Visual Facebook page (in regards to Usagi Drop)
Quote:
Was certainly a surprise! I took a screenshot of the menu with the bonus episodes listed so others can see that the bonus episodes are indeed included: http://imageshack.us/f/689/usagidrop.png/
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
For someone thinking of importing and wondering about the economics of it, you can use this website to do currency conversions for you before you buy.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
Pre-order listing for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai (When They Cry II: Solutions) - Part 1 is now up @ Siren Visual.
Quote:
Product Specifications

Release Date: 17th May 2012
Format: DVD
Genre: ANIME
Running Time (mins): 300
Rating: MA
Year of Production: 2007
Discs: 2
Audio Languages: Japanese
Audio Formats: 2.0 Subtitle
Languages: English
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Regions: 4
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote

It looks this could be the first Patlabor release: Patlabor - The Mobile Police Ova Series 1 the Early Days Collection.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Pre-order listing for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai (When They Cry II: Solutions) - Part 1 is now up @ Siren Visual.
Quote:
Product Specifications

Release Date: 17th May 2012
Format: DVD
Genre: ANIME
Running Time (mins): 300
Rating: MA
Year of Production: 2007
Discs: 2
Audio Languages: Japanese
Audio Formats: 2.0 Subtitle
Languages: English
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Regions: 4

I will be all over that as soon a my bank account recovers from being raped by Aniplex later this week. Might as well add in Denno Coil and Usagi Drop while I'm at it to maybe save on some shipping.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
It looks this could be the first Patlabor release: Patlabor - The Mobile Police Ova Series 1 the Early Days Collection.

Sold, subject to the publication of further information.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
From a R1 perspective, Patlabor OVA is an obvious double-dip. What about Higurashi no Naku Koroni? Is there any reason the R4 will be better than the Geneon/Funimation one?

(I spend enough as it is without unnecessary double purchasing!)
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
Madman Ent. Newsletter - March 2012
Quote:
CARDCAPTOR SAKURA (UNCUT)

Nope your eyes are not deceiving you! The much loved classic series will finally be available on DVD in Australia for the first time 100% uncut. One of CLAMP’s most famous works, CARDCAPTOR SAKURA is one of the most highly requested shows that we are asked to release. So get yourselves ready to “release” the power of the Clow Cards in July. The series will be released across two UNCUT subtitled only collections.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 23