• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pray for Japan Documentary to Have Anime Sequence by DEEN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madlaxNoir2001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I may hate him. but at least he doing something good for once.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Only two Canadian cities will be showing the film, which is too bad. I would definitely go see this documentary if it was available for viewing in my area. Hopefully it will be shown eventually on TV (PBS?) or at other events where proceeds or donations can be sent to relief charities.

Edit: Updated to reflect two Canadian cities. I missed seeing Montreal on the list the first time around.

Last edited by GhostShell on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I believe in helping your own country first. Yes, Japan has been thru a lot but your own country may also have areas of poor, people without food, clothes etc that also need help.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, he managed to rein in his scatterbrain long enough to finish it.
Banjo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I pray for Japan everyday, life without Japan would have been hell
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Not really playing anywhere near me other then new york. This does come out on dvd I will buy it. Watching the trailer made me cry and I can't forget where I was when the earthquake happen. Watching the news as it happen just can't find the words. Somewhat hard to believe next week will be a year.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Was interested til I saw Stu Levy's name.

I'll watch it just cause I'm interested in it.
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Noooooo! None of those theaters are even remotely close to me :***(

Please! I beg you! but this on anything! VHS, DVD, or Blueray and I'll buy it Very Happy

I absolutely LOVE chances and documentaries like this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NukuNukuNatsume

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
First review came out.

http://j-entonline.com/gallery/pray-for-japan-a-j-ent-movie-review-by-dennis-a-amith/

I know hatas gotta hate, but even the hatas should check this out.

Nyan!
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote
NukuNukuNatsume wrote:
I know hatas gotta hate, but even the hatas should check this out.

You still can't get over the fact that Stu "DJ Milky" Levy turned a once thriving manga company in the USA into a storage locker full of boxes that could be a soon-to-be sold locker on an episode of Storage Wars and abscond to Japan to do his "pet project."

I find it insulting that he has the nerve to harass survivors like this for a film. I find it insulting that he's using this tragedy for fame and credit (monetary is open for debate). I find it insulting that a gaijin thinks he (or she) can feel for the plight of the Japanese disaster victims.

There are ways to respect the victims of the disaster. Stu Levy and his film isn't one of them.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
Only two Canadian cities will be showing the film, which is too bad. I would definitely go see this documentary if it was available for viewing in my area. Hopefully it will be shown eventually on TV (PBS?) or at other events where proceeds or donations can be sent to relief charities.

It would seem reasonable. I'm amused none of the AMC theaters up around the Detroit area are showing this. I would be lucky if the film got played down here through some pull strings like at the public library or whatever. There's a theater down in Maumee that likes to do a few interesting things monthly though I don't suppose this is high on their to-do list anyway.

Sunday Silence wrote:
You still can't get over the fact that Stu "DJ Milky" Levy turned a once thriving manga company in the USA into a storage locker full of boxes that could be a soon-to-be sold locker on an episode of Storage Wars and abscond to Japan to do his "pet project."

At least someone bothers to watch that show. I always get annoyed at that one in particular.

Quote:
I find it insulting that he has the nerve to harass survivors like this for a film. I find it insulting that he's using this tragedy for fame and credit (monetary is open for debate). I find it insulting that a gaijin thinks he (or she) can feel for the plight of the Japanese disaster victims.

There are ways to respect the victims of the disaster. Stu Levy and his film isn't one of them.

Again, we're open to our opinions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1