• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
My Dennou Coil is on the way! Cool
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
My Dennou Coil is on the way! Cool

How much did it end up costing you with shipping?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
A huge manga week:

From Amazon marketplace vendors: a "used - good" copy of Planetes v04 part 2 (Only $14! Wish I could find v03 and 04 part 1 for that price); and a "used - like new" copy of Hot Steamy Glasses-- a book I forgot I already have. *sigh*

From RightStuf: Kizuna Deluxe v05, Border v03, Bad Teacher's Equation v03, Gentleman's Agreement between a Rabbit & a Wolf; 1001 Nights (manhwa) v05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 & 11; The Devil's Infirmary; and Mr. Flower Bride & Mr. Flower Groom.

Also from RightStuf, just yesterday I received the absolutely gorgeous NISA DVD boxset of House of Five Leaves:

I decided not to watch this until Viz is done releasing the manga here in the US so this sexy thing is just going to sit on my shelf until later this year.

I can now fully appreciate how the size of NISA's releases can pose a problem for collectors, as this isn't going to fit on any of my DVD shelves. I suppose I should just get it over with and shuffle everything around to make a dedicated NISA shelf since I will be getting their Natsume Yuujinchou boxsets whenever those are released.

[Also, from Amazon: Downloaded Crystal Kay's "Superman" mp3. The song was featured heavily in last season's very sweet Boku to Star no 99 nichi J-drama and I just realized it was available through Amazon (I don't do iTunes) and I can't stop listening to it.]

Last edited by poonk on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
@willag
I ordered three DVD boxes (the two Dennou Coil sets and one other thing), and the postage for the lot was 28.10 AUD, which is about 30 USD.
I don't understand how they calculate the freight. On the order summary the postage is divided in three and distributed between the three items, but I have no idea if this is just a book-keeping fiction, or how much cheaper (if any) the postage for just the Dennou Coil sets would have been. Also this was postage to Italy. But it gives you an idea. (Those two sets together without the postage came to 96 AUD = 103 USD.)
One slight annoyance for me is that when the things arrive, I'm almost certain to have to pay a 20 EUR customs fee in order to take delivery of them. At least there's none of that for you in the U.S.!
Botan24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Also from RightStuf, just yesterday I received the absolutely gorgeous NISA DVD boxset of House of Five Leaves:

I decided not to watch this until Viz is done releasing the manga here in the US so this sexy thing is just going to sit on my shelf until later this year.

Cool Sweet set. I've been on the fence about buying this, but I think I'm gonna have to take the plunge. I want that artbook! And, I too, would wait to watch the anime until after finishing the manga.

Moving on. One note wonder anime purchase via FYE:
Kiki's Delivery Service
supercreep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
Also received House of Five Leaves. NISA puts out the nicest limited editions, I'm convinced.
shukero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
ALright! Just the thread I was looking for!

I've always wanted to show my e-penis xD Just kidding.

OK well since all my anime collection was wiped out during college, I had to start over again. So I decided to go with a few classics for right now & just a couple of newer things.

I've just Received:
Cowboy Bebop - Legendary anime collection
Cowboy Bebop The Movie (Blueray)
Outlaw Star - Legendary anime collection
Redline The Movie (Blueray)

I've just ordered:
Mushi-shi - S.A.V.E. Collection
Summer Wars Movie (Blueray)
$25 Blind bargain (From rightstuf) - I hope I get lucky! We'll see on monday :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
OK well since all my anime collection was wiped out during college, I had to start over again.

Not to be off topic, but what happened if you don't mind me asking? Sounds rather tragic =o
shukero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
shukero wrote:
OK well since all my anime collection was wiped out during college, I had to start over again.

Not to be off topic, but what happened if you don't mind me asking? Sounds rather tragic =o

Well unfortunately, I had a computer frying that you only see in anime happen why I was in my 2nd year of college... I had a gaming rig worth more than $2000 (Self built) get water poured on it by a friend who was drunk.... Needless to say everything fried and I had was lucky to get just the hdd out alive with all my homework on it.

I had to sell all of my collection to get my computer back up and running... My friend is still paying me back for it about 4 years later :\
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:

OK well since all my anime collection was wiped out during college, I had to start over again. So I decided to go with a few classics for right now & just a couple of newer things.

I've just Received:

I've just ordered:

I would check your Bebop discs, and everything released by Bandai. They are notorious for defective discs. I don't recall reading anything about Outlaw Star, but I had problems with disc 4 of Cowboy Bebop. I'm not talking about minor skipping issues, the entire disc was literally unwatchable. I went through four copies before getting one that wasn't defective.
shukero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
shukero wrote:

I've just Received:

I've just ordered:

I would check your Bebop discs, and everything released by Bandai. They are notorious for defective discs. I don't recall reading anything about Outlaw Star, but I had problems with disc 4 of Cowboy Bebop. I'm not talking about minor skipping issues, the entire disc was literally unwatchable. I went through four copies before getting one that wasn't defective.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch them all now Smile

**Update** I just went through all of the DVD's and as I thought they are all in good condition and work perfectly Smile I wasn't real worried since these are the remix package, which means they might be newer than the collections that you had bought.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
Just received Outlaw Star Perfect Collection Box Set. The box's condition is not as good as I would have preferred, but it's passable. Ripped the DVD's, just need to edit their metadata and sort them.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
Also received House of Five Leaves. NISA puts out the nicest limited editions, I'm convinced.

They used a different material for the surface of the box this time - it's sort of a folding-screen papery thing. Very nice touch. Adds a nice aesthetic.
lem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote
AJMkarate717 wrote:
supercreep wrote:

They used a different material for the surface of the box this time - it's sort of a folding-screen papery thing. Very nice touch. Adds a nice aesthetic.

I received my NISA set yesterday Very Happy you're right, it's textured, like a quality hardcover book would have. Very cool indeed.

and I'm enjoying the show on dvd tonight, but I'd be more than happy to buy a blu version. I wonder if they'll ever do that? I'd also buy Tora Dora again if they ever offer a blu release for North America.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
Saw Dennou Coil in the local store, had to buy it. Bit annoyed that it isn't available on Blu-Ray, but thems the breaks. Can't wait to check it out later this month.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 854 of 1399