• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deleting an Account or Changing Account Name

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Interesting. I had no idea that you used to be PetrifiedJello. But it explains certain shared behavioural patterns.

LOL! Now, really. That's... well, okay, maybe you didn't, but you'd be the only one.

Quote:
That's because I wear my heart on my sleeve. If I have an opinion or hold a view then I express it. Gets me into trouble sometimes, but it's how I roll.

Just in case you misread, my remark wasn't a complaint. I couldn't care less if you call people retards. It's the truth. You and I included.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
I might as well clear everything up:

ANN has it set so you cannot use the same email with multiple accounts.

Due to your email being in an input (and not just text) here, I'm assuming ANN has it enabled to allow you to change email. Admins are also capable of changing your email.

Admins are capable of changing your username.

Through simple DB editing, they can even change your user ID.

Hence why learning database systems is quite the field to go into if you really have an interest in database systems, as well as the IT industry as well.

In some sense, that is quite amazing the work that is done, but I never knew that you couldn't use the same email address for different accounts, but there is a mathematical reason for that actually. Deals with functions, relations and if there is just one solution, no solution or infinitely many solutions.

Granted though, that is just the simplified version of this reasoning and to be quite honest, I can almost guarantee that this isn't nearly as simple as this sounds.

I didn't mean to make databases sound inflexible either though. Each database system is different and each has their own set of limitations.
Emedita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
As far as I know, it seems that there is no way, if you don't want to use the original name, you can only registration again
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Interesting. I had no idea that you used to be PetrifiedJello. But it explains certain shared behavioural patterns.

LOL! Now, really. That's... well, okay, maybe you didn't, but you'd be the only one.

You are incorrect; I was clueless as well. (I might as well add that I thought that PetrifiedJello is a cool name -- what were your reasons for adopting the different name?)
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
What about paid subscribers to ANN? I want to change my name to match my Xbox live name ( INS Division 6 ). But I still have 7 months to go on my subscription. Do I have to wait for that to be up before I create a new account?
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
@bmt528i

You could try asking Dan42 nicely if he'll change it on your current account.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2