• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gokusen 2 on LA TV Station

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh man I thought it was season one, a staff member from this website said that they already showed season one a couple years ago so I guess I missed my chance. Even so I'm still watching season two.
tomcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute does this mean that for at least twenty years now I've been the only-other person on this site who has been watching the dromas on KCSI/ch-18 every Saturday and Sundays at 9:pm.....geees. Well anyway there's also a e-sub droma every sunday at 7:pm on another local channel KXLA/ch-44. Check your local TV guide for it"s listing there, right now there running Hon-Ikegami Police station series #3 a fun little series about local cops in Japan....I hope that is replaced with series #4.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Well I've been watching that channel for about five years don't I don't all the dramas all the time and some of them don't interest me. But I'm surprise that it's been around 35 years which is what the website says I thought it's been around for at least 7 to 8 years. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
tomcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
When I really think about, I've can recall two very good Sonny Chiba Samurai series, one was the Yaguu Family and Kaga na gudan (? wrong name but it's only a guess) that was a three year series. I think there's a Sonny Chiba web site out there with the right names.
bleuster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Man, it feels great living in L.A. now (well, Orange County actually).

In all honesty, I've been watching Jdoramas before anime (summer of '99). First being Life with Dad starring the lovely Ryoko Hirosue. The thing with FCI programming is that they aren't actually quick to sub these shows - I waited nearly a year for them to air Trick 2 after they first announed it. Without a doubt, though, they pick some of the best plus all those specials (I'm lame enough to watch some of the New Year's Day celebration). Sucks they don't air Night Eye anymore, but at least they brought back Hey! Hey! Hey! Music CHAMP!.

UTB Hollywood and Magic Bell are really hit or miss. The former being a major pain for the unbalanced sub fronts and airing painfully boring dramas (if you're watching Central Ikegami Police on Magic Bell, you'd get a kick watching the police chief turn into a hopeless romantic on UTB in One Boyfriend Down - both currently airing. Really strange, but that's acting!).

Never heard anything about Gokusen before. I thought it was the Cromartie High drama when I first saw the promo on TV. I'll be sure to watch it, though. Mostly for Yukie Nakama since she was so wonderful on Trick, which is listed on this site for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Missa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Gokusen?! So excited, I don't remeber what I just read besides it's showing on the channel I love to watch, mou... Gokusen 2... that's the one with more good-looking guys, right? Wink

I have fond memories of dramas on that station, ah...
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Man, it feels great living in L.A. now (well, Orange County actually).

UTB Hollywood and Magic Bell are really hit or miss. The former being a major pain for the unbalanced sub fronts and airing painfully boring dramas (if you're watching Central Ikegami Police on Magic Bell, you'd get a kick watching the police chief turn into a hopeless romantic on UTB in One Boyfriend Down - both currently airing. Really strange, but that's acting!).

Ah so that's where I remember him from that cop show that was shown on the other station. lol I feel bad for the guy being turned down by that girl and yet he still wants her from the current drama "One Boyfriend Down".

I've seen Trick and I really liked that series I really hope they re-air it sooner or later.

Hey do they still air that "game show" that air on channel 44 it came out on Thursday and I guess celebrities sitting down next to other 4 people would have to sing the song correctly if not a pan would fall on their head. Confused Even though it wasn't translated I would always watch it. Though lately I've been busy with school work and other stuff and because of that I haven't gotten the chance to watch that game show. Hopefully it's still on. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1