• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam W's Lady Une Voice Actress Sayuri Passes Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgarcia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:08 am Reply with quote
I really loved her work in Outlaw Star Sad

MDg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
First and Foremost RIP.

But i find it scary the number of deaths seemingly at a relative young age coming from Japan. Especially considering how good their Hospitals are etc. Is this down to the alarming amount of Smokers the country has? And the huge amount of Stress in the workplace. I know Japan has the highest Life expentancy in the world so im guessing that these cases are few and far between in a buisness that has many many people involved, but its the tragically cut short lives that so many of these articles seem to be about that i find disheartning. Is the Idol/VA and Anime/Manga buisness in general just a very stressful and hard life to live or am i just reading to much into this. I think probably. Cancer is cancer but still...

I just get so sad to see so many of these type of articles appearing on ANN recently.
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 am Reply with quote
rest in peace... sad she wasn't old
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
RIP. I am sad to read such news. I really liked her character Jenny in Louie The Rune Solider.
S127

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
First and Foremost RIP.

But i find it scary the number of deaths seemingly at a relative young age coming from Japan. Especially considering how good their Hospitals are etc. Is this down to the alarming amount of Smokers the country has? And the huge amount of Stress in the workplace. I know Japan has the highest Life expentancy in the world so im guessing that these cases are few and far between in a buisness that has many many people involved, but its the tragically cut short lives that so many of these articles seem to be about that i find disheartning. Is the Idol/VA and Anime/Manga buisness in general just a very stressful and hard life to live or am i just reading to much into this. I think probably. Cancer is cancer but still...

I just get so sad to see so many of these type of articles appearing on ANN recently.

I myself find it extremely sad and have asked myself the very same questions. I do tend to think that it has something to do with the business however with no personal experience or evidence.

May she Rest In Peace.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
Oh man... I do not relish having to tell my roommate that Lady Une's voice passed away... that's her favorite character.

It also doesn't help that she was about my uncle's age, and he died of cancer just in November.
The American Average

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Yeah RIP
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
This is sad to hear, my heart goes out to her family. RIP Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Lady Une was a memorable character in Gundam history, as well as anime history. I liked how she balanced the "feminine" Lady Une with the "badass" Lady Une in that role. Her role as Ikumi Kaido in Gaogaigar was very memorable as well for me. Rest in Paradise Sayuri. Confused
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Funny that she's more well-known in Japan amongst The Simpsons fans (and IIRC, Maude Flanders died too), but why is her photo so different from the ANN Encyclopedia linked?
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I think you grabbed the wrong link. This is her encyclopedia page, as linked in the article, and the image is the same as in the article. The person you linked is the one who reported her death.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Ah, that name seemed familiar but I wasn't too familiar with any of the roles listed in the article so I checked her encyclopedia entry and she was also the voice of Tiara in Shamanic Princess, that OVA series that is so lovely but oh-so-incomprehensible.

RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
she was very good in Gundam Wing; even though it doesnt really get respect today :\ RIP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:07 am Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:

Japan might have the best medical technology, but they also have the worst medical ethics for patients of incurable diseases e.g. cancer. Doctors lying to cancer patients -- something unthinkable in the West and can be prosecuted to bankruptcy plus years in prison -- is a common practice in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Darnell11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 am Reply with quote
I know Japan has the highest Life expentancy in the world so im guessing that these cases are few and far between in a buisness that has many many people involved, but its the tragically cut short lives that so many of these articles seem to be about that i find disheartning.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2