• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime One Poll: Favorite Persona 4 Character

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan297na

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
The main character at #1. That's kind of surprising. I've only played the game, but did they give him an actual personality in the series? Or is he just another generic main character with almost no personality?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
Dan297na wrote:
The main character at #1. That's kind of surprising. I've only played the game, but did they give him an actual personality in the series? Or is he just another generic main character with almost no personality?

He kinda doesn't have a personality outside of one liners (like saying he wished he taped the Rise shadow on tv)... but thats part of what makes him great in the anime. Like theres a scene where he has all the girls laying over him and he has a totally emotionless face. And almost every scene he looks emotionless.

Like heres a scene when he's kicked over into the waterfall by the girls:

http://i42.tinypic.com/m1r1k.jpg

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
The anime gave Yu a memetic stoic BADASS personality. Most of the game fans who are watching the anime were really grateful for this.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
Yu has an awesome poker face. Kicked off a cliff by the girls after commenting on their swimsuits, having the three of them 'drunk' and fawning over him, walking in on them in the hot-springs? No big deal to him.

Rise being last for the girls makes me sad. She's my favorite. Seeing Aika on there is surprising, though. Though she is pretty funny in the scenes she's in.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:28 am Reply with quote
I can't believe Chie went after Kanji. And Naoto is so high! Yukiko's my favorite, so I'm glad that she got so high.
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quote
I thought Yukiko might have just managed to take #1 (or at least be the top girl).

I'm very pleased Aika was so high on the list - she's probably got the best developed personality of anyone in the show.

Last edited by tcdelaney on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:48 am Reply with quote
Chie and Rise are like, heavily underrated by the Persona anime fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
The anime gave Yu a memetic stoic BADASS personality.

Like Johnny Mnemonic.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote
Yu was freaking awesome in the anime. The guy is completely direct when talking and says the most exaggerated things in a completely calm way.
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote
pretty sure this is based on their video game popularity, not what people see on the anime.

the main character in the games isn't so much 'lacking personality', as he is the player's avatar, so he has whatever personality the player has. guess people are just narcissistic enough to choose themselves as the best character? that, or they just really like his character design (which is a little hard to believe).
Geoffrey88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
like theres a scene where he has all the girls laying over him and he has a totally emotionless face Laughing
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
Keiichi-chan wrote:
pretty sure this is based on their video game popularity, not what people see on the anime.

the main character in the games isn't so much 'lacking personality', as he is the player's avatar, so he has whatever personality the player has. guess people are just narcissistic enough to choose themselves as the best character? that, or they just really like his character design (which is a little hard to believe).

It's for the anime. It says, plus it has Aika on it who isnt in the game.
Sakura_jp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
The poll is incorrect. Chie should be 2nd after the protag.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:06 am Reply with quote
Dan297na wrote:

He's still pretty bland. But the good thing is that he doesn't have many annoying traits unlike most shonen protagonists.
Sakura_jp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Dan297na wrote:

He's still pretty bland. But the good thing is that he doesn't have many annoying traits unlike most shonen protagonists.

He's had a decent amount of personality in the last couple episodes, especially 22.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2