• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight: Spring 2012

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
@Surrender Artist
Thanks. I hope the show is more than a feel good fishing show.

@Chagen46
Sorry, don't know why they are lumping each show together.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
that is why you insert your-self as the male lead bro i am giving it shot, it looks decently animated from the preview.

The male lead might as well not exist at that point then.

well if you want to use it as a source of escapism it's what I used to do a few years ago. I am going to give dusk maiden the benefit of the doubt until i see at least one epiosde no matter if it has source material or not. The rail-gun anime was completely different from the manga to state my point.

Also with the lumping of the anime spotlights I do say that tsuritama looks/sounds rather interesting with the amount of social outcast in society "myself included". I am sure that I could relate on some level with the characters..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Tsuritama looks interesting, I'll say.

I hope there's at least some BL subtext. No straight-up boy's love content, but some subtext at least.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
The clip for Dusk Maiden of Amnesia looks like a bunch of stuff I've seen before. I'm guessing it will get two and a half stars when the preview guide comes out. Funny that the word "amnesia" is in the title because it seems like the type of show that makes you forget that you even watched it.

Tsuritama looks like it might have some interesting art design and the subject matter (fishing) hasn't really been done before. I'll give it a few episodes.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Seems like it has a far more engaging premise than Another, which I tried so desperately to like but ultimately had to give up. I'm pretty psyched about this Spring anime season after looking at some guides, it's jampacked with new shows! I mean, we've got a new Lupin III series, more Queen's Blade, a new Watanabe/Kanno collab, a new KyoAni series, and a smattering of other smart-looking action and comedy series. My school productivity is going down for sure Razz
AutumnDream

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I hope there's at least some BL subtext. No straight-up boy's love content, but some subtext at least.

Don't worried it's not BL, you only get subtext like any shows out there.
I know some people are going to comment on here or out there that there's girls (= romance ) in it. Just to make it clean: Kimi to boku got romance but still have BL subtext. Either way I don't think Tsuritama will have romance, the story is focus on boys' life and fishing.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
AutumnDream wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Don't worried it's not BL, you only get subtext like any shows out there.
I know some people are going to comment on here or out there that there's girls (= romance ) in it. Just to make it clean: Kimi to boku got romance but still have BL subtext. Either way I don't think Tsuritama will have romance, the story is focus on boys' life and fishing.

Oh more like daily lives of high school boys??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
What? No reviews from the usual suspects? Have you guy's lost your courage? Wink
rheiders

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia doesn't really look like my thing, so unless I hear amazing things about it I'll be passing on that one.

Tsuritama sounds interesting. The art style is great, and it looks really weird but in a good way. That it's directed by the same guy who directed Trapeze and Mononoke is enough to get me to watch it on its own though Smile
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
What? No reviews from the usual suspects? Have you guy's lost your courage? Wink

Wrong feature. This is Anime Spotlight, which is licensor-supervised previews of shows that haven't started yet. The Spring Preview will start next month, when they premiere.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for Amnesia because I love Ghost Yomi. Any show that features good-looking women with dark hair in a hime cut is worth watching or at least learning more about. Some of you people are all too eager to express your desire to pre-drop a show without giving it a chance or even really reading further into it than a hasty blurb that covers the first chapter of the story. I believe I'm coming to resent that attitude regarding anime. It's not as if I'm apologetic towards every anime made. When I think something's trash, it's for a very strong list of reasons. For the same line of thinking, I also dislike people who try to sum up a series and actually write a comprehensive review based off of one or two episodes. You can write first impressions, but trying to act like it's anything more is extremely insular. Shows get better, shows get worse. You can't write anything truly comprehensive until its over, except for WSJ fighting shows. Those you can prejudge and write off with ease.

Amnesia isn't at all reliant on fanservice. Yes Yuuko is sexy, but that's part of her appeal, to be a beautiful ghost whom the other characters must help to unearth the cause of her demise and why she's haunting the school. The manga (24 chapters in) is anything but a vapid harem comedy show, why some people are trying to assign that viewpoint is beyond my comprehension. Some happenings and revelations were downright frightening, something very few manga can achieve.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
@walw6pK4Alo
you're just wasting your effort man! Laughing

Amnesia: why would anyone watch this?
Tsuritama: oooh, Kimi to Boku clone, must watch
NonoAsumy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
The 2 noitanimA shows this season look promising.
The director of Tsuritama directed Mononoke (a must watch anime and one of the best of the last 5 years) after all ( he also did C Control but well it wasnt really bad, but if you consider Mononoke as what he is capable of it was outright horrible)
I am looking forward to Tsuritama.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
tsuritama sounds very interesting so I'll check it out. Very Happy

I like a few of Kenji Nakamura's works. Mononoke is one of my favorite shows from the Noitamina block.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
@walw6pK4Alo
you're just wasting your effort man! Laughing

Amnesia: why would anyone watch this?
Tsuritama: oooh, Kimi to Boku clone, must watch

simple question why does anybody watch anything?? It catches some interest or grabs some ones attention.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 19