• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga's Longest Uninterrupted Run to End

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I am loving the anime reboot, as for the manga, I have not read it. However I will say at least he comes back to it very often unlike NANA's author, who left it with you being able to see the ending but not able to see how one piece ends up happening (stupid flash forward segments).

Ai Yazawa is actually properly ill. I do hope she gets better enough to complete Nana one day though. As for Togashi, as soon as I saw this I thought there's probably a new video game out >.>
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quote
It seems pretty clear to me that the mystery illness of Togashi was a stroke a few years back. It explains the poor drawing issue that crops up at times and why he's sometimes unable to continue drawing for extended lengths of time. When stroke symptoms are at their worst it's pretty debilatating and the fine motor movement skils all but disappear.
Salce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
Togashi is a legendary mangaka of the nineties, and HxH volumes sell a lot, that's why Jump tolerate his hiatus. It isn't so difficult to explain.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote
I just hope this break is for some actual time off and not a relapse of whatever illness he had a while back

he's got Naoko Takeuchi and their 2 kids to support :< I don't want something awful to happen to him.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
he's got Naoko Takeuchi and their 2 kids to support :< I don't want something awful to happen to him.

They're among the most affluent manga-ka. Don't worry, they're not in any sort of troubles. Hell, Togashi could quit drawing HxH all-together and be perfectly well off.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Viz Media published the 27th volume in North America this month.

Wait, what? Volume 27 came out in March... 2011.

Volume 28 comes out in September and 29 comes out in January in North America.
Strawberryelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
...eh. i doubt anyone actually thought "wow! im sure togashi is going to keep on the series this time! theres no way he'll go on ANOTHER hiatus."

kawaiibunny3 wrote:

The creator of Sailor Moon hardly needs supporting.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
Strawberryelle wrote:
kawaiibunny3 wrote:

The creator of Sailor Moon hardly needs supporting.

thats not quite what I meant Anime hyper I know financially she'll probably be just fine

I meant in more of an emotional sense.

I want them to be a cute happy family for as long as humanly possible.
soulfringe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
Sad to see it go on hiatus again.
spoiler[Looks like a father+son adventure is about to happen!]

But If I recall, Togashi has had some major health problems. I hope though that his current hiatus is due more to taking time to spend with his family rather than be of one of poor health.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
And we are back to Hiatus X Hiatus Laughing

Seriously, why didn't he just ended it spoiler[when Gon went to train with his father?]
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Instead of all these hiatus's, I really wish he'd just end the series. This is getting a little ridiculous!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
It seems pretty clear to me that the mystery illness of Togashi was a stroke a few years back. It explains the poor drawing issue that crops up at times and why he's sometimes unable to continue drawing for extended lengths of time. When stroke symptoms are at their worst it's pretty debilatating and the fine motor movement skils all but disappear.

that actual would make a lot of sense when you think about it. and they wouldn't want to broadcast that he had a stroke. also yes wife does need emotional support even though they are both on the top of the pecking order for mangaka's from the 90s
Bob from Accounting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
It's always amusing to watch people complain about the art, because you know that they only the read scans of the Jump editions and haven't actually paid for any Hunter x Hunter in their lives.
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Guys..

1.- Togashi could have very well end HXH in the last chapter, yet he didn't. As some posters have said, he is Takeuchi's spouse so I am sure the couple is loaded with cash, so loaded they don't really need to work anymore, yet Togashi didn't end its manga, he still wants to continue it.

2.- An anime reboot AND a movie.

3.- He actually concluded an arc (And kinda began a new one) before going into break.

I think Togashi is taking the obligatory research break AND his very needed break, I mean the man has worked way more than he has in the last couple of years and if he really is sick in any sort of way the break is more than justified.. heck even if he isn't sick I think a break for ending a long-arc and planning a new one which likely will be the ending to his manga is justified, manga-kas work too much IMO, I think chapters should be 15 pages long.. But well the industry works like that.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I stopped with HxH long ago...

What really irks me though is that his manga gets a reboot anime and is catching up to where he stopped and yet he goes on another hiatus, leaving the anime no more material to work with while other mangaka (like Akira Amano) work endlessly every week and their animes end and never come back.

If they're going to make an anime adaption of a manga that tends to go on hiatus, they should just wait until the series is finished. I don't want to see more OVAs and reboots of a series that really doesn't deserve it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4