• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digging the 'new anime' tab!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Very cool addition. I don't know about y'all but the tab looks sort of aquamarine on my computer which I like. But it's great to be able to find the anime spotlight, previews, archives of said features and the "upcoming" stuff in one handy spot.

Big thank you to whomever is responsible.
Botan24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
^Same here. I noticed this strange tab appear and thought, New anime? Ooo...I like that idea. So I hovered over it and its all like, "Spring, Winter preview guide, upcoming"...pretty nifty! I am especially digging the upcoming lists, very handy to have. Although, the lovely WTK also does an excellent job listing the DVD/BD releases. But, I can get used to all this tidy organization.

@Blood-
Yes, the tab appears aquamarine on my screen as well. Pretty color choice, big kudos to whoever picked it. And kudos for the entire tab too!
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anybody would mention it. I think that I remember somebody suggesting something like this some time ago. I'm glad to see it implemented. This should be handy, especially the list of upcoming releases; that's information that I can imagine using. The upcoming anime list should be more convenient, if less flashy, than those Neregate charts. Is there any chance that it might be expanded to include an online streaming directory? (Upcoming streams?) It's not essential, but it could be useful and fit the theme.

I like it. I also like the color. Keeping it on the cool end of the spectrum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
I'm liking it too. There's a lot of information on this tab that I would normally have to hunt all over the place to find. Very nice to have it organized like this. Aquamarine is a good color, it's not obtrusive, but it stands out from the other tabs and gets your attention.
ljaesch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking this new tab as well. Smile

I've been perusing the upcoming DVD & Blu-ray releases link, and I've already found some errors in the listing.

*Fairy Tail Part 4 is being released on March 20, but it's not showing in the listing
*Heaven's Lost Property Forte Complete Season 2 is showing a March 20 release date, but ANN ran a story saying this was pushed back to April 17. However, when I look at the entry on Amazon, it's not showing any release date at all.
*Dragon Ball Z - Level 2.1 and Dragon Ball Z - Level 2.2 are listed with a release date of March 27, but these releases were cancelled.

That's all I personally found, but I didn't go past the DBZ Blu-rays on the list. This is a good idea and a decent start, but there's still some kinks to work out. Someone may want to go through and double-check this listing for accuracy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I noticed this yesterday and I must say I really like this tab as well. The color is a nice change as well.

Nice job ANN and Dan42.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I love the new Anime tab. Very convenient and makes it easy for people to look up upcoming Anime shows and Media releases.

A big thank you to those responsible for bringing the tab to life. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
I really like it as well. Being able to get to past season preview guides all in one place is amazing. Any chance a similar "new manga" tab could happen?
FrostFuzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I also really appreciate the new addition. It is really nice to be able to find the new anime for the season in an easy to find location. Thank you to all of those responsible.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Diggin it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1