• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CPM Reprices Collections

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walkabout

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Utena price drops next year!
All volumes $10 a pop, whoo!
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Walkabout wrote:

Super. I've always been a tad bit curious about Utena, so I might give this a shot.
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Demon City Shinjuku
Thank goodness I haven't gotten this yet, been poor haven't gotten into basic training for air force yet I leave in december so right now kind of broke till then.
I love the movie because it has an darkside blues feeling to it, except without the crappy music that Darkside blues had. Plus, I believe the person who did Vampire Hunter D did this film as well, couldn't tell you the name right now, I always forget.

And I know some people are going to hate me for this. Most people hated Darkside blues and Demon City Shinjuku.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
Walkabout wrote:

Hey, I might be coerced to buy it all, for that price. It's been a while since I've seen the series.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote

dang, I know the UTENA prices are dropping, but I think I'm gonna just get it now.. I can't wait that long Confused

I do save 50$ if I wait though... but no, it's decided, I'm getting it now >_>

*all this from just seeing one episode earlier today... that's pretty impressive*
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
DKL wrote:

dang, I know the UTENA prices are dropping, but I think I'm gonna just get it now.. I can't wait that long Confused

I do save 50$ if I wait though... but no, it's decided, I'm getting it now >_>

*all this from just seeing one episode earlier today... that's pretty impressive*

If I were in your shoes...I diffenetly wait. You can buy even more anime with that $50 you save. Examples: Steamboy collectors Gift Box with a whole bunch of extras costs $50. Start on a whole new series you don't have. If you don't have robotech there dvd's are cheap for a great show (and each dvd has alot of episodes on them then alot of anime) But hey what you do with your money is your business. But I would wait...besides the more you wait for a great show, it'll make the show look better for some reason I can't really explain (I know because I waited years for Robotech to come on DVD)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:46 am Reply with quote
... damn, you made a lot of sense, I can do a lot with 50 dollars...

I was actually gonna get READ OR DIE, but then, I think I would be willing to wait for that since GENEON came out with the cheaper LAST EXILE sets recently...

I dunno man, I can't wait...

but for now... I guess I should go around and look for an uber cheap good series just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything...

EDIT: but then, I don't have UTENA and I've only seen the first episode... so you know, curiosity is killing me here
Walkabout

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote
You'll save more than $50, the actual entire series collection ranges from $165-280, if you wait, you only pay $100 max.
Me, I'm waiting...

Last edited by Walkabout on Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the statistics walkabout. I didn't bother to go check the actual amount, I just went by what DKL was telling me. And like I said before you can get alot with that money you saved but of course, "It's your choice".
Walkabout

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I mean, I love what I've seen of the series(and I love the movie), but it's a rare kind of anime love that would make me blow that much money so early...
If Trigun's $200 boxset couldn't do it until I found out about the new LE sets, nothing can...
Of course, I never intended to pay $200 for no 26 episodes...yeesh...
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:59 am Reply with quote
Walkabout wrote:
Yeah, I mean, I love what I've seen of the series(and I love the movie), but it's a rare kind of anime love that would make me blow that much money so early...
If Trigun's $200 boxset couldn't do it until I found out about the new LE sets, nothing can...
Of course, I never intended to pay $200 for no 26 episodes...yeesh...

I agree with that I wouldn't pay $200 dollars for 26 epidoes. I diffenetly wait. The robotech all three sagas/generations/season what ever you want to concider them I got for about $150 dollars. That's 85 episodes. That's when I started getting alot of my anime on dvd. And when I saw the prices for anime after I bought robotech...I can tell you I was like yeah right for most of them. They would have to be the best dvds,best anime, best everything and full of extras for me to get it for the prices they were. And people before you argue with me on the reasons why the prices are what they are, let me say I understand that importing them,dubbing, licencing, etc. costs alot and they have my sympothy they really do. It's just at this time of life (age 18 now, just getting into air force) I can't really afford much for that kind of pricing.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, since I buy at DDD, I actually lose about 50$

the problem is, when the repricing does happen, I might be caught with my pants down since I tend to blast my money away at weird times...

or I could hold that money and wait for the 20% DDD sale... hmmm...

Which reminds me, I have to sell my old TRIGUN DVDs for that new thing...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1