• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to Submit Series Relations.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Let's Nupu Nupu aired as part of the Wonderful block.

Sources:
The Wonderful website (via the Internet Archive, as linked from the Wonderful page)
The Anime Encyclopedia, revised and expanded edition, page 364
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
Let's Nupu Nupu aired as part of the Wonderful block.

Sources:
The Wonderful website (via the Internet Archive, as linked from the Wonderful page)
The Anime Encyclopedia, revised and expanded edition, page 364

Specific source:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000118111812/http://www1.tbs.co.jp/w_anime/nupu/index-j.html

(Done.) Thanks for reporting this. Very Happy
rti9

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
The second Major OVA is a sequel of the TV series and a prequel of the first OVA.
Goro's team is playing in the World Series and spoiler[Kaoru is pregnant - waiting for her first baby in this story.]
Not sure if this spoiler tag is really necessary, but just in case...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:
The second Major OVA is a sequel of the TV series and a prequel of the first OVA.
Goro's team is playing in the World Series and spoiler[Kaoru is pregnant - waiting for her first baby in this story.]

Done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:

Fixed. Very Happy
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
One of the Darker than Black manga series isn't currently linked to the rest of the franchise. I think it should be linked to the first Darker than Black TV series, but I don't know what sort of relation they should have since I haven't read or watched any part of the franchise.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
One of the Darker than Black manga series isn't currently linked to the rest of the franchise. I think it should be linked to the first Darker than Black TV series, but I don't know what sort of relation they should have since I haven't read or watched any part of the franchise.

Linked with "related."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
rti9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn´t the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (movie) and its sequels be more a "readaptation" of the manga rather than a remake of Berserk (TV)?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:
Wouldn´t the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (movie) and its sequels be more a "readaptation" of the manga rather than a remake of Berserk (TV)?

Currently the movies are listed as merely "related" to the television series, not as anything more specific.
rti9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Currently the movies are listed as merely "related" to the television series, not as anything more specific.

Sorry, I thought of a phrase and forgot to type it. I was looking at Dan42´s post and thought of "remake of" (same core story, "new and improved" animation/music/etc), but then I thought that it didn´t exactly fit. Maybe just leaving it as "related" is better?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:
Maybe just leaving it as "related" is better?

Eh, we've already left it as is. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Not entirely sure if I should just post here or make a new thread, but I've got a problem with the relations for the Fate/ franchise (specifically, the anime adaptations).

As it currently stands, the following relationships are in place:
Fate/Zero (TV)
> Prequel of Fate/stay night (TV)
> Fate/Zero (TV 2) (sequel)

Fate/Zero (TV 2)
> Sequel to Fate/Zero (TV)

Fate/stay night (TV)
> Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (movie)
> Fate/Zero (TV) (prequel)
> > Fate/Zero (TV 2) (sequel)

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (movie)
> Related to Fate/stay night (TV)

I have two problems with this. One, there's relationships missing (Carnival Phantasm should be linked as related, UBW and F/Z need to be connected, and UBW and F/sn should be listed as alternatives to each other).

The second, is that F/Z is NOT a prequel to F/sn. It's a relationship similar to the HaruToki series, in that the two titles are based off of things that are prequel/sequel to each other.

Fate/stay night (TV) is based off of the Fate/stay night Visual Novel (which is obviously not in the encyclopedia).

Fate/Zero (TV) is based off of the Fate/Zero novels (which probably should be in the encyclopedia, given that other light novels series are there).

The Fate/Zero novels are a prequel to the Fate/stay night VN, but that doesn't automatically directly connect the two adaptations. I would prefer to see F/Z (TV) listed as an adaptation of the F/Z novels, and, if anything has to be listed as prequel, the F/Z novels listed as a prequel to F/sn (TV).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
According to this article there is also a Fate/Zero manga (adapted from the novel). I'm limited in what I can look up at the moment since I don't have Kanji support on this computer (and will probably get busy come half an hour from now when the shifts change at work) but I'll make what inroads I can...

Let's see what new titles from the franchise we have pending.

Anime:
Fate/Stay Night: TV Reproduction (OAV)
Fate/Prototype (OAV)
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (OAV)

Manga:
[none]

We do have a Fate/stay night (manga) which is currently "related" to the anime.
On the subject, should Carnival Phantasm (OAV) be listed as an adaptation of Take Moon (manga)? The plot summary suggests it should.

OK, I've added a shell for the Fate/Zero novel:
manga#14393
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting conflicting information regarding the novels. Are they novels or light novels? Are they illustrated? How many volumes?

As far as I can tell there were initially 4 volumes released (listed on http://www.fate-zero.com/) but which I can't find on Amazon. The official site doesn't seem to mention anything regarding illustrations. They are B6. Total page count 1544.

There are 6 later volumes listed on JA Wikipedia that are on Amazon, but are not on the fate/zero site. These are illustrated bunkobon (presumably A6, which is smaller than B6) and published in 2011 by Star Seas Company/Kodansha. Total page count 1530.

Are the later books a re-packaged version of the earlier ones? Are they two separate series? Things are getting busy so I might need to leave this here for now.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
EN Wikipedia listed them as light novels, I've got a friend who's actually read them (well, read translations of them), I'll see if I can catch her to get her input.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 26