• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AU] anime releases not licensed/released in N. America

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quote
How the f*ck did they pull off that one? I AU gets Sailor Moon before us, buildings will be burned down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote
I might have to start importing from the land down under to get some of these shows. I technically have the BD rips for some of the shows they have listed like CCS and the Patlabor OVA, but I might just get them for my collection regardless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Madman Ent. Newsletter - March 2012
Quote:
CARDCAPTOR SAKURA (UNCUT)

Nope your eyes are not deceiving you! The much loved classic series will finally be available on DVD in Australia for the first time 100% uncut. One of CLAMP’s most famous works, CARDCAPTOR SAKURA is one of the most highly requested shows that we are asked to release. So get yourselves ready to “release” the power of the Clow Cards in July. The series will be released across two UNCUT subtitled only collections.

HOLY F***.

Okay, I need to get off of my procrastinating arse and start buying from these two companies. Like, NOW. Dennou Coil, Tatami Galaxy, Higurashi, Usagi Drop, and now CCS? GODDAMN.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
Any chance R1 distribs can take some lessons on how its done from the Australians? They're doing something right, clearly.
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Quote:

Nope your eyes are not deceiving you! The much loved classic series will finally be available on DVD in Australia for the first time 100% uncut. One of CLAMP’s most famous works, CARDCAPTOR SAKURA is one of the most highly requested shows that we are asked to release. So get yourselves ready to “release” the power of the Clow Cards in July. The series will be released across two UNCUT subtitled only collections.

Shocked

Ow. I think my jaw just hit the floor from that announcement.

(also, not fair! *pout*)
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Any chance R1 distribs can take some lessons on how its done from the Australians? They're doing something right, clearly.

They could, but of course if a R1 company licensed some of these shows fans would still find a way to stick it to the man and not buy them.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
Lookit you, asimpson2006 - when did you get all cynical and stuff? Wink
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Lookit you, asimpson2006 - when did you get all cynical and stuff? Wink

I have been getting more cynical over the years. Anyways with Anime Boston coming up soon maybe some R1 license announcements will occur.

There is a good chance that I will purchase and import the CCS DVD's from our friends down under, I just have to watch the series first to determine if I want to own it or not.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
WTK wrote:
Quote:

HOLY F***.

Okay, I need to get off of my procrastinating arse and start buying from these two companies. Like, NOW. Dennou Coil, Tatami Galaxy, Higurashi, Usagi Drop, and now CCS? GODDAMN.

Seriously, guess I should start saving up for a region free DVD player soon (or look into BR players that play all region DVDs) since clearly Australia is filled with awesome anime.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
AUSTRALIA, MOTHERLAND OF MINE, YOU RULE.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote

LINK
Quote:
Cover art is not final. We're trying to source more images at the moment. We're hopefully using the BD covers and also trying to source the BD masters for this release. In other words a re mastered release. ALL TBC!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Too bad they can't actually release it on BD. Boy, those rights must cost a fortune.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
Patlabor - The Mobile Police Ova Series 1 the Early Days Collection

Available: 06/06/2012

Special Features
  • Director's commentaries
  • Dubbing outtakes
  • PATLABOR trailers

Series Information: Contains 23 episodes
Languages: ENGLISH, JAPANESE
Subtitles: ENGLISH
Number of Discs: 2
Runtime: 210.0 mins
Format: DVD, Region 4 (PAL)
4:3 Original Aspect Ratio
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
2 versions of artboxes for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Ova + Chibi Shorts.

jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Is this artbox for the bluray size cases? Do you know how many cases it holds? Thanks. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 23