Forum - View topic
NEWS: Junjō Romantica Boys-Love Manga Gets New Anime


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ringoiero360



Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Posts: 73
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote
I was never expecting this to get another season. :O
I don't like Junjou Romantica as much as I did way back when the anime first came out, but I think i'll watch this anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brainchild129



Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Posts: 255
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:56 am Reply with quote
As interesting as it always is to actually see a yaoi manga actually get a series, I rather wish they had gone with one that hadn't already been adapted.

Or one that features character designs that I find kind of unappealing.

Or one with somewhat less stereotypical story elements.

That may be just me, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domokun1134



Joined: 02 Sep 2011
Posts: 31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
As long as there's more moustache panda in the ED I'll be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnaphappyFMA



Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 216
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
Ooh, good news. More bl/yaoi anime is always better. Now, somebody please license Sekaiichi Hatsukoi for DVD release in the U.S.! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aynslesa



Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Posts: 198
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
I'm confused. Is this going to be a new adaptation that starts from the beginning of the series again, or is it going to be a third season continuing from where season 2 left off?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kawaiibunny3



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 502
Location: Houston, Texas
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
I'm confused. Is this going to be a new adaptation that starts from the beginning of the series again, or is it going to be a third season continuing from where season 2 left off?


its probably where the 2nd season left off.
Since more manga material has been written since it left off and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi is all caught up for the most part, it would make the most sense for Studio Deen to just continue so they can get their fujoshi money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dragon695



Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 1103
Location: Clemson, SC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I *know* that beggars can't be choosers, but why does it have to be more of the same old stuff? The uke is always so fuking weak and pathetic in this series. Why can't we have something historical , super natural, or even fantasy WITH explicit yaoi? Why does it have to be boring modern life yaoi? It's not fair! Why can't it be Lamento? or Tokaido Hisame? Why! Why? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiarascuro



Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Brainchild129 wrote:
As interesting as it always is to actually see a yaoi manga actually get a series, I rather wish they had gone with one that hadn't already been adapted.

Or one that features character designs that I find kind of unappealing.

Or one with somewhat less stereotypical story elements.

That may be just me, though.

Nope, definitely just not you. xD *sigh*


Last edited by chiarascuro on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ayashe



Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 115
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
This makes me so happy! No one is scanlating this manga, and no one is releasing new volumes so I've been cut off from JJR. I thought me and this series were done.
Quote:
I *know* that beggars can't be choosers, but why does it have to be more of the same old stuff? The uke is always so fuking weak and pathetic in this series. Why can't we have something historical , super natural, or even fantasy WITH explicit yaoi? Why does it have to be boring modern life yaoi? It's not fair! Why can't it be Lamento? or Tokaido Hisame? Why! Why?

I don't care about the uke, and I hate historical/fantasy themed BL. Just like you think modern life yaoi is boring, other people think historical yaoi is boring too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, it's one of those yaois with those wierd realistic stick-people....damn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keichitsu0305



Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Posts: 1546
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Huh... I'm surprised.
In a good way, of course. ;D

Hopefully, Nozomi Entertainment will pick up season 3. ^__^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragon695



Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 1103
Location: Clemson, SC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:
This makes me so happy! No one is scanlating this manga, and no one is releasing new volumes so I've been cut off from JJR. I thought me and this series were done.
Quote:
I *know* that beggars can't be choosers, but why does it have to be more of the same old stuff? The uke is always so fuking weak and pathetic in this series. Why can't we have something historical , super natural, or even fantasy WITH explicit yaoi? Why does it have to be boring modern life yaoi? It's not fair! Why can't it be Lamento? or Tokaido Hisame? Why! Why?

I don't care about the uke, and I hate historical/fantasy themed BL. Just like you think modern life yaoi is boring, other people think historical yaoi is boring too.

Let's see, of all the yaoi (not shounen ai) that has been adapted to anime, maybe 2 or 3 have been non-modern day? Screw that gobshyte, I'm tired of the same old boring salary-man/school yaoi! And fantasy need not be historical. Just give me something with a good plot and good loving that doesn't involve dumb wimpy characters in the usual scenarios! Hell, I'd kill for even just a sports yaoi! Just something different! Anything less, is just the same garbage that we usually get stuck with. At least I'm not alone!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 3168
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
SnaphappyFMA



Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 216
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
ayashe wrote:
This makes me so happy! No one is scanlating this manga, and no one is releasing new volumes so I've been cut off from JJR. I thought me and this series were done.
Quote:
I *know* that beggars can't be choosers, but why does it have to be more of the same old stuff? The uke is always so fuking weak and pathetic in this series. Why can't we have something historical , super natural, or even fantasy WITH explicit yaoi? Why does it have to be boring modern life yaoi? It's not fair! Why can't it be Lamento? or Tokaido Hisame? Why! Why?

I don't care about the uke, and I hate historical/fantasy themed BL. Just like you think modern life yaoi is boring, other people think historical yaoi is boring too.

Let's see, of all the yaoi (not shounen ai) that has been adapted to anime, maybe 2 or 3 have been non-modern day? Screw that gobshyte, I'm tired of the same old boring salary-man/school yaoi! And fantasy need not be historical. Just give me something with a good plot and good loving that doesn't involve dumb wimpy characters in the usual scenarios! Hell, I'd kill for even just a sports yaoi! Just something different! Anything less, is just the same garbage that we usually get stuck with. At least I'm not alone!


Have you seen "Embracing Love - Fuyu no Semi"? It's historical yaoi where both the seme and uke are strong characters. Very well done - unforgettable, even.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poonk



Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1490
Location: In the Library with Philip
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping to see more of the Junjou Terrorist couple myself. They're my favorites. Anime catgrin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group