• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 am Reply with quote
It's not shrink wrap. It's a plastic envelope sort of thing with a resealable flap.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote
If you'd even consider tossing it then I think you already know what you're gonna do with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quote
Like I said, I won't toss it if it's meant to be part of the set. And I know it isn't shrinkwrap, but it's still a thin piece of plastic covering whose importance is ambiguous to me. Once again, if it's a part of the collection, I won't toss it, but if other people are only retaining it due to a personal preference for keeping it, then I don't see any reason to hold on to it.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Aah, so the counter's started on the Reflection BD set, huh? Thought that would still have a lot of time left on it, considering its less-than-stellar critical reputation (especially compared to T&B). Unlike the original director's cut for T&B, though, I technically have ownership over the DVD for it (though a friend's been holding onto it for who-knows-how-long). I wonder if more people are going to purchase it based on a collector-minded intent to own "complete" a BD set of Ruroken OVAs, rather than based on its actual merits. It's definitely not high on my list of financial priorities, if at all there to begin with.

Hey... speaking of director's cut, there was one for Reflection as well, right? Just exactly how was that different from the original cut, which is the only version that I've seen? Since the OVA was already widescreen to begin with, I'd imagine that it suffered less in the conversion process, at least.

@WTK

Elsewhere, I had made note of Sayaka's appearance (yes) on the box, and just why it might be that she's on the front. Sadly... I think it might have come down to design issues. To quote myself: "It's because her complete character art isn't standing straight enough for "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" to fit on the left side. If you move her off much more to the right, part of her sword will go off the cover. And then there's the consistency in title placement, you know."

Or, it could even be that Mami is more popular in the fandom that Sayaka... though the reasons for that have always felt pretty insubstantial to me when compared to the other characters, really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Norbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
WTK is a retail God who also posts here. He knows everything about releases - domestic and foreign, past, present and future. You can take his word for it.

He posted the recent Patlabor deal, right? I will love him forever in my heart of hearts.

I realise this is a bit late, but what's this Patlabor Deal?

peace
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
Norbie wrote:
supercreep wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
WTK is a retail God who also posts here. He knows everything about releases - domestic and foreign, past, present and future. You can take his word for it.

He posted the recent Patlabor deal, right? I will love him forever in my heart of hearts.

I realise this is a bit late, but what's this Patlabor Deal?

peace
This. Still available apparently.
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
Oh snap. I told myself after Madoka LEs, two copies of REDLINE, ef, Trust & Betrayal LE, and a few other things I was done for a few months but guess I was wrong. I gotta snag that bundle.

...and something else to hit the free shipping mark...

afdgdsahshjh

:D
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that Reflections seems to be selling out in a MUCH faster pace than Trust and Betrayal (over 20 sold just over night...) so I went ahead and got it now.

Well, hopefully the movie won't have a counter for a while! I don't think it would any time soon...
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
*Bump* Because I just noticed that Reflections has now SOLD OUT from TRSI! Whoa I didn't think it would go that fast!! Mine just got marked as shipped yesterday. Time to keep an eye on the movie, because I'm sure a counter will hit pretty soon for that too...
Gatherum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Holy!

I get paid today and go to the Reflections page on TRSI to find it sold out. Which is insane, because the counter was at 81 a day ago!

Fortunately I found someone reselling it on Amazon for $61.99, coming at a total of $64.97 with shipping. It's a tad more expensive, but not much more than Trust & Betrayal was, and it's much better than what it could have been.

*Exhale.*

Was about to be very sad. But while I have lost $10 profit on this, I'm happy for the turnout. Very Happy
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like you got pretty lucky finding one at that price! Yeah seriously, I'm amazed that it sold out so fast. Even Trust and Betrayal went down very slowly, but still sat around the 50 mark for a little while. I sure hope it wasn't scalpers picking up the last copies in abundance...
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
There was an error with the counter that caused Reflections to be removed from the site. Don't worry, we still have a number left, and they should be back up within a few hours. Sorry about the confusion.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
D:

Well damn, I may need to retract that order then, since I planned to order it with Sekirei: Pure Engagement Limited Edition, which, strangely enough, is still available everywhere but Amazon (sans third parties).
Gatherum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote
It's "back in stock," guys. :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 108