• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eureka Seven vol. 11

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatherum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Simple, yet possibly difficult question.

I'm looking for this. I don't know why I can find all of the limited edition volumes for under $10 and then have this cost no less than $30. But, I may as well enlist the help of you guys if you've got any leads. Preferably SRP or less (SRP in this case being roughly $24).
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow you weren't kidding! It's one of those rare discs that you have to buy in a bundle or your going to pay full retail price for. I did find a Japanese UMD version of vol. 11 for $102 so that was interesting. Sadly I have not found anything cheaper then $32
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Gatherum wrote:
Simple, yet possibly difficult question.

I'm looking for this. I don't know why I can find all of the limited edition volumes for under $10 and then have this cost no less than $30. But, I may as well enlist the help of you guys if you've got any leads. Preferably SRP or less (SRP in this case being roughly $24).

I know your pain. I am in exact same boat as you. Acquiring all of the other special edition volumes was very easy, and now I'm stuck on this one. It's the kind of frustrating that makes me want to sell my art boxes and just pick up the two legends collections on the cheap.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:23 am Reply with quote
Well. Considering that all the other volumes I've bought up to this point have been very generously priced, speaking on the whole collection itself, I still will have saved big time even if I do cave and buy vol. 11 for $32, compared to how it would have been had I paid SRP for all of them. Just...not right now. I've already made other orders for Reflections and Sekirei: Pure Engagement, along with vol. 7-9 this week, and that's almost exceeding my budget.

If nothing else comes up, I'll probably go ahead and (begrudgingly) make the purchase around the 15th, along with Rurouni Kenshin: the Movie and the new Sekirei BD/DVD coming out on the 10th. Sounds like a plan to me. Razz
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
What you should do in this situation is buy it and remember the fact that you saved a HUGE amount on the other discs Very Happy
varmintx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
It's very obvious that volume 11 got a limited print; if you're ever going to buy it, you'd better do it now while you still can.
kateylynn32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
I myself wondered why volume 11 was so much more expensive than the rest, and I was going to wait until the price dropped, but after reading your posts I have decided to purchase it now.

I just bought volume 11 for $57.45 on Amazon. There are only four left now I think so you better hurry!

~KW
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
http://ogiuemaniax.wordpress.com/2008/01/19/dont-forget-to-replace-your-eureka-seven-volume-11-dvd/

Probably why vol. 11 is hard to find, and even if you do it might be defect. Looking for it myself.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Well, I bought all of those volumes new for $20+ each. Even if you pay a mere $30 for one of the volumes you still payed a heck of lot less than most of us. Laughing

Last edited by Kruszer on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
archaron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
If I remember correctly I think I had to send volume 11 in for a replacement 3 times to get a working copy. If you do find one that works I wouldn't wait too long to purchase it, assuming its within your budget to do so.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't really remember which ones, but that series has a crap ton of dud discs, now that you mention it. I would think the season sets would probably be a better bet to buy since they were released later, if you don't want to deal with a potential mess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1