• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Noitamina's 2012 Anime Promos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kufirst

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
noitaminA is my crack.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
kufirst wrote:
noitaminA is my crack.

Then pull up your pants! Wink
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote
I'm a twee bit disappointed by what I assume in the OP for Kids on the Slope. It's not bad, really, it just sounds like a lot of other OPs, which seems like a wasted opportunity for this show. Perhaps its better in context.

Still, I like what I'm seeing and getting to hear some piano jazz this time. I wasn't sure at first, but its a snippet of Moanin', from the album of the same name, which is show briefly in the preview. It lends credence to my suspicion that the series would use actual music from the era. I wonder if most of the music, or at least most of the jazz, will be diegetic. They don't seem to have a saxophonist, so I guess that means no Jackie McLean. Oh well, here's hoping for some Lee Morgan.

I had been expecting a different album, but that's still totally boss.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this season's NoiA line-up! Robotics;Notes also looks interesting since it has to do with augmented reality. I heard Chaos;Head is bad, but Steins;Gate was awesome, so I hope this next adaptation is good as well.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
At any point during these releases and press conferences did they make sure to say "...and to clarify, we will NOT be airing any shows focusing on gay erotica, especially any dealing with authentic sadomasochism. Repeat- NO SADOMASOCHISTIC GAY EROTICA!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
So many animes, so little time...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
That Rendezvous anime just bleeds josei qualities. Can't wait for Moyashimon's return. Tsuritama looks difficult to place thematically and visually, but I don't think it will end up being too unique from other recent anime that are similar in those regards. Nice line-up of shows; I just have to continually laugh in the face of people who think anime is dead, or even dying, because they've been spouting the same trash since the 80s and continue continues to move on. Actually, it's even better because you never had adult dramas back then aside from short and artsy OVAs that no one remembers, like Nineteen-19.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
And so the decline of noitaminA continues. What distinguishes noitaminA shows from the rest of anime these days? Where are the stories about adults for adults like Hataraki Man, Mononoke, or House of Five Leaves? I was once a devoted noitaminA viewer, but I've lost interest as the focus has turned to shows about teenagers with better production values. I can see stories about adolescents anywhere.

I'll watch the new Moyashimon series, and maybe the fishing series because it's directed by Nakamura Kenji, but the rest of the offerings leave me cold.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
You gotta watch Kids on The Slope. It's directed by Shinichirou Watanabe & music by Yoko Kanno. That's pretty tough to fail.
Scaramanga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
Can't wait for this season's NoiA line-up! Robotics;Notes also looks interesting since it has to do with augmented reality. I heard Chaos;Head is bad, but Steins;Gate was awesome, so I hope this next adaptation is good as well.

Chaos;Head got pretty cliche and awful by the very end, but the beginning and most of the middle is decent. If for nothing else than it has one of my favourite depictions of a character slowly losing his mind.

EDIT: I also think the comments of walw6pK4Alo and yuna49, one after the other are pretty funny.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
That Psycho Pass teaser trailer was so damn weak!
Ian K

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. It looks like the powers-that-be running the noitaminA block have abandoned their recent flirting with the otaku-market (Black Rock Shooter, Guilty Crown, etc.), and are going back to their josei/artsy roots.

Which is fine by me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
kufirst wrote:
noitaminA is my crack.

Amen to that.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
And so the decline of noitaminA continues. What distinguishes noitaminA shows from the rest of anime these days? Where are the stories about adults for adults like Hataraki Man, Mononoke, or House of Five Leaves? I was once a devoted noitaminA viewer, but I've lost interest as the focus has turned to shows about teenagers with better production values. I can see stories about adolescents anywhere.

I'll watch the new Moyashimon series, and maybe the fishing series because it's directed by Nakamura Kenji, but the rest of the offerings leave me cold.

You sure about that? Natsuyuki Rendezvous was a josei manga about "a love triangle between Hazuki, a young man who works part time at a flower store, Rokka, the widow who owns the store, and the ghost of Shimao, Rokka's deceased husband." Those characters don't exactly sound like they'd fit in a show for teenagers...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-30/natsuyuki-rendezvous-manga-gets-anime-in-noitamina-in-july

Anyway, I'm not yet impressed with the trailers for the Fall season, but it's so early in the year that I wasn't expecting them to say much anyway... The other series seem to indicate that noitaminA should be resuming quality programming. At least, I really do think so. Can't wait for Kids on the Slope!

Last edited by darkhappy1 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for posting these ANN!

These are all pretty interesting to me with the possible exceptions of Robotics; Notes (it's the recycled/approved light-novel character designs - why do they all look the same?), and Psycho-Pass (which doesn't provide enough information to help me form any opinion at all).

Nothing is going to keep me away from Kids on the Slope, despite the OP, which I do not like at all. I'm guessing this will probably be my only complaint about the show.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous: Nice to see more josei! Can't wait to watch that.

Hope someone streams the new Moyashimon, along with the first season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2