• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Queen's Blade: Rebellion's ACE Promotional Video Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote
all right after seeing that vid ok i'm in yea must watch QB's rebel no question ask.

indeed must watch QB's rebel.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
Judging from the amount of actual story that's supposed to happen in QBR, the show will need 24 episodes to get through all of the introductions, the forming of the factions, the defeat of Claudette, and then the fight against the Swamp Witch. There's no way they can cram all of that in to 12 episodes, even if Shiggy and Annelotte have already had their introductions.
Scottius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
I haven't been keeping up on the newer Queen's Blade stuff but as a fan of the first couple of shows something feels off to me when I watch this. I don't care for the character designs as much as the original cast. It's still filled with over the top ridiculous fan service, but something about it doesn't speak to me as much. I can't quite put my finger on it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Scottius wrote:
I haven't been keeping up on the newer Queen's Blade stuff but as a fan of the first couple of shows something feels off to me when I watch this. I don't care for the character designs as much as the original cast. It's still filled with over the top ridiculous fan service, but something about it doesn't speak to me as much. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I know what you mean, it's because the designs don't feel as over the top or original as the first set of contenders, and some are downright horrid like Branwen.
Scottius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
You know, now that you mention it I agree. Less over the top in some ways. Also they feel less distinctive to me, more generic almost. Which is probably related to being less over the top. I think with a property like this going for over the top is a good thing. Seems like kind of the point.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
Scottius wrote:
You know, now that you mention it I agree. Less over the top in some ways. Also they feel less distinctive to me, more generic almost. Which is probably related to being less over the top. I think with a property like this going for over the top is a good thing. Seems like kind of the point.

There's F.S.'s LunaLuna, but we already know she'll be a side character. The Chinese girls aren't too exciting, and Shiggy is kind of boring as well aside from Yuu Kobayashi voicing her. I was never too enthralled with the QBR cast, but at least people like Erina and Ymir return.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Judging from the amount of actual story that's supposed to happen in QBR, the show will need 24 episodes to get through all of the introductions, the forming of the factions, the defeat of Claudette, and then the fight against the Swamp Witch. There's no way they can cram all of that in to 12 episodes, even if Shiggy and Annelotte have already had their introductions.

unless pull same formula like QB did 12eps now with other 12 later this year?

unless go for full run hmm ok more to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1