• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Excel Saga's Rikudou Launches New Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeMaine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Although I'll read Excel Saga to the end, it has gotten so bizarre that I can't remember the story [if there really is one] from volume to volume. Hopefully this will either be independent gags [a la Lucky Star] or have a more cohesive storyline.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Ridko Koshi, absurdist gags, a cute schoolgirl and a mature professor-looking lady in glasses? Yup, you can count me in.
Foggle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
The dialogue and characterization are absolutely brilliant in Excel Saga, so I really hope this one gets picked up for release in the States (or even gets translated at all... C'MON scanlators!). Excel manga is one of my favorite comedies ever.

AnimeMaine wrote:
Although I'll read Excel Saga to the end, it has gotten so bizarre that I can't remember the story [if there really is one] from volume to volume. Hopefully this will either be independent gags [a la Lucky Star] or have a more cohesive storyline.

The story is followable... but it's so complicated that the year's wait between books renders this nigh impossible unless you do a lot of rereading.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote
With the Excel Saga manga having finished already in Japan, I wonder why we're only getting one volume per year as we finish it in America. Is it a sales catch-up thing?

Anyway, it's cool Rikdo is still working, and here's hoping I'll get to check this out in the near future.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
The one woman on the left looks like a more mature Excel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1