• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Big GIANT Halloween Contest

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
so... how are you gonna know people aren't photoshopping?

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:07 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty easy to tell when something's been photoshopped if you're experienced enough with it. Which myself and a few other staff members certainly are.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Now, I don't want to hype this up or anything, but the grand prize right now is about $700 worth of stuff!

If a contest like this is possible, who knows what lurks in the ANN closets for future endeavors...

And yes I entered. Hooray for having no talent!
RedComet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
MY GOSH the Grand Prize is so big. I'll probably enter the boring way.Smile
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quote
For the pumpkin carving, if someone were to use one of those fake carvable pumpkins you can find at craft stores rather than a real one, would that be acceptable? I'm thinking particularly of college students in dorms who might not want to risk the wrath of their roommates for making a mess...
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
good luck to everyone, hope you win..

Last edited by Sam.: on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WEKS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow it's so rare that international contestant are allowed. Nice! Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw the thing about the contest, I figured it was gonna be a costume contest. I guess there are enough of those in the anime community.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
O.O wow! Such a big prize package...*enters* Whoever wins this is very VERY lucky *dies*
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
hmmm O_O so much stuff. I don't know whether to enter the carving or the random draw? Is a person only allowed to enter one of the sections of contest? Or can a person enter both if he/she changes her mind in carving a pumpkin?

Last edited by trunkschan90 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Sam.: wrote:
There is no way I'm going to win.. and neither are any of you. How many times have you won a contest like that before? (Never!) And how many times have you entered in a contest like that before? (too many times). The probability of you or me winning is almost 0%. The truth hurts, but, it's still fun to participate so I filled out a form and you should too. Happy Halloween! Twisted Evil

Actually, I've won online contests twice before (though on other sites). One was a drawing, the other was a quiz contest. So it IS possible to win, no need to be so negative about that.
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I entered the boring way. I can't carve a pumpkin even if my life depended on it. Smile

Anyway, that's a very impressive list of titles. I have some of those titles in my collection so if I win, I plan to donate the DVDs of the titles that I already own to my library.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
I entered the boring way. I can't carve a pumpkin even if my life depended on it. Smile

Anyway, that's a very impressive list of titles. I have some of those titles in my collection so if I win, I plan to donate the DVDs of the titles that I already own to my library.

Just as a reminder, this contest is about creativity; the most creative entries will win.

So even if you think you can't carve a pumpkin, research techniques on the internet and find out how to make what you want. Sure, it's "easier" to enter with the form, but it'll be a lot more fun - and a lot more rewarding - if you put your back into it and show us what you can do!

Besides which, the contest clearly states that people who fill out the form will only be considered if we don't have a first-place pumpkin prize. So what's the worst that could happen? You learn a lot more about carving pumpkins. What's the harm in that, right?
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Besides which, the contest clearly states that people who fill out the form will only be considered if we don't have a first-place pumpkin prize.

? I was under the impression that one grand-prize winner will be chosen from the form regardless. Still, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to carve a pumpkin. The contest also states that one can enter the contest and fill out the form. Why not do everything I can to increase my chances, right? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
Zac wrote:
Besides which, the contest clearly states that people who fill out the form will only be considered if we don't have a first-place pumpkin prize.

? I was under the impression that one grand-prize winner will be chosen from the form regardless. Still, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to carve a pumpkin. The contest also states that one can enter the contest and fill out the form. Why not do everything I can to increase my chances, right? Wink

You're right, I misspoke, one grand prize winner will be chosen from the form entries.

And your advice is wise; I highly encourage everyone to do both.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4