• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dai-2-ji Super Robot Taisen Z Saisei-Hen Sells 265,439 in First Week

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Those Vita numbers are pretty awful. Sony needs some games for it. It has been very dry since launch in Japan, and realistically speaking there's nothing big on the horizon until Persona 4, Gundam, and MGS in June.

Also, KH: DDD completely bombed. The game dropped 80% this week, which is the second worst week 2 drop in franchise history. At this rate it won't even catch Birth By Sleep's first week sales.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
They should just come out with KH3 already. All these side entries mean nothing to me.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
They should just come out with KH3 already. All these side entries mean nothing to me.

Birth By Sleep, and 3D are not really side entries. Birth By Sleep might as well be called KH0, and the events of 3D supposedly directly lead into KH3.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:

Birth By Sleep, and 3D are not really side entries. Birth By Sleep might as well be called KH0, and the events of 3D supposedly directly lead into KH3.
Even though that is true, I don't care about them. I don't own any handhelds so they don't count in my mind.
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
The SRW is such a great series, its unfortunate it's not released here besides the OG series.
Banjo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
this SRW also has a psn release, good series.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
this SRW also has a psn release, good series.

Great game but sadly really easy. Missions may be really long but doesn't matter when you wind up wiping large numbers per turn.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Project Mirai essentially rank for the whole month. ~130K copies isn't bad...not PJD numbers, but still respectable.

And, lookie at almost 4K Xbox 360 sold. LOL. I wonder how many of those were the bundles.

Primus wrote:
Those Vita numbers are pretty awful. Sony needs some games for it. It has been very dry since launch in Japan, and realistically speaking there's nothing big on the horizon until Persona 4, Gundam, and MGS in June.

Project Diva Vita should help when it's release in the summer. That's another big title.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:07 am Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
Primus wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:

Even though that is true, I don't care about them. I don't own any handhelds so they don't count in my mind.

So how can you say for them to stop "side stories" when 2/5ths of the handheld games are in fact major points in the KH universe just because you don't own the platforms they're on?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:

And, lookie at almost 4K Xbox 360 sold. LOL. I wonder how many of those were the bundles.

360 usually only sells around 1200, so probably around 2500 Kinect Star Wars bundles. Guess Japan has some dedicated Star Wars fans coming out. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1