• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dragon Ball Z for Kinect Game Previewed in 1st Trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow. They actually said "Saiyan" the right way (SIGH-AN).

But I bet all the little dubbies will say it's wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote
This is literally the Dragon Ball Z game I've always wanted ever since I was a little kid. I now have an excuse to mimic DBZ fighting moves AND use my neglected Kinect. "Sparking!", indeed. ;3
darksno

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

TECHNICALLY it's Saiyajin. When he said Saiyan that way I wanted to stab my ears out. Either say it the correct dubbed way, or say it the proper Japanese way. Not either one of them. And the game looks ok... Not a fan of it though.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
This game actually looks a little decent. The only thing that I didn't like was the first-person fighting part, that felt way to weird to watch.
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I was going to harp all over this on how stupid this is. Then I was thinking If I was 14 and was a huge DBZ fan I would be super stoked for this. It actually looks pretty decent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
This game is insanely cheap. All the character models and environments are ripped out of Ultimate Tenkaichi. The music from the QR Code trailer was ripped out from an older game. The logo was ripped out of promo art from UT, and the font used for the "for Kinect" part of the logo is a free font called "Saiyan Sans".
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote
What's with all the hate? I personally can't wait to look and feel like a total fool playing DBZ Kinect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
What's with all the hate? I personally can't wait to look and feel like a total fool playing DBZ Kinect.

Well if you aren't a part of the DBZ video game fanbase or at least the PS2 era and onwards home console side of it, you wouldn't be aware of the disputes between the Budokai, Budokai Tenkaichi, Super DBZ, Burst Limit, Raging Blast and Ultimate Tenkaichi groups.

Besides this seeming to be a sequel to Ultimate Tenkaichi (which is hardly played at all and nothing like the Budokai "Tenkaichi" series or Raging Blast series from the same developer) with a Kinect only control scheme.

Aside from that, I got my motion control fix from the Wii versions of Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 which had practical inputs for punching, kicking, moving and didn't clog up the screen with loosely attached QTE instructions at every 5 seconds.

Nearly everyone was expecting something else, especially as Ultimate Tenkaichi was supposed to be Spike's last DBZ game.

You should look at what Primus said on top of this too.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Eh. The game looks okay, but I hate Kinect.
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I think this looks pretty cool and I can't understand why all the hate.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
This would be really something if the super saiyan 3 kid had his own informercial, expressing how like him, everyone else can achieve super saiyan 3 if they order this game on a toll-free number.

Got nothing against the game by the way. I just couldn't resist.
Sir Amyas Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

* Shocked * You just shook up my childhood dude. I... I need some time... to absorb this....
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I can't picture this totally working out perfectly, but it looks pretty cool nonetheless. I'm still waiting on a DBZ game where we would FINALLY be able to play as Bulma in a combat role (she was gonna be a fighter for Budokai 3, Tiffany Vollmer was even shown recording all the fight sounds in the voice documentary, but the character was dropped at the last minute, and she only survives as a glitch character).

Quote:
You just shook up my childhood dude. I... I need some time... to absorb this....

Technically, "Saiyan" can be pronounced properly either way in English. Personally, I think the way they've always pronounced it rolls off the tongue better. "Saiyajin" on the other hand, is straight Japanese with no translation being done at all.
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
baadaku12345 wrote:
I think this looks pretty cool and I can't understand why all the hate.

It's Kinect and it's not a dance game.
Oh this is going to be $#*!

The trailer makes it seem like you're going to just have to preform scripted moves rather then let you have any real experience with the fights.
And I'm having my doubts on how well that works too...

Notice something wrong with this?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2