• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Level-5 CEO Discusses More Professor Layton, Ni no Kuni

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
If the sixth Professor Layton game gets a release date announced for Japan before the fifth has one for North America, I'm just going to say the heck with it, brush up on Japanese verb forms, import a 3DS, and play the rest of the series in Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I wish Level-5 would make a second Rouge Galaxy game. It left off begging for a sequel.
sdsichero
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Why haven't they released Ni no Kuni for the DS in the USA? Mad
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
sdsichero wrote:
Why haven't they released Ni no Kuni for the DS in the USA? Mad

The game just came too late. The 3DS was coming, but more importantly shelf space for DS games is so competitive that a game with a huge mandatory book wouldn't get much in the way of storefront displays. It also used the largest DS card (in memory size) and likely wouldn't have been a cheap localization.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
We need a Danball Senki game on the Vita. 3DS got one, but a Vita one would be nice too. The anime was one of the best anime to come out in 2011, and hopefully it continues to be a long-living franchise.
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping that if the PS3 version of ni no kuni sold well in the us they'd bring over the DS version too, but with the ps3 version being pushed back to 2013, that hope is gone since the DS will be fading out. I doubt after Pokemon Black and White 2 if much else worthwhile comes out for the DS.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
I was hoping that if the PS3 version of ni no kuni sold well in the us they'd bring over the DS version too, but with the ps3 version being pushed back to 2013, that hope is gone since the DS will be fading out. I doubt after Pokemon Black and White 2 if much else worthwhile comes out for the DS.

They said they have no plans to bring over the DS version because it came with a 300-page book that's necessary to play (while for the PS3 version, the book is actually inside the game itself). They said that both translating and printing the book for each copy of the game just wouldn't be economically feasable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1