• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Newspaper: Jin Akanishi Forced to Leave GTO Show Remake

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scaramanga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:
divinicide wrote:
Maybe he should do what Aya Hirano did and change agencies.

He doesn't get to simply leave. Johnny's invested thousands upon thousands of dollars into him. He was with the company for 8 years from 1998 to 2006 before he made his official debut. 8 years being trained in singing, dancing, acting on their money. Each guy that comes into Johnny's is a huge investment and as such their contracts are much stricter than a seiyuu's contract.

Are you trying to say Johnny hasn't made their money back on him? I'm pretty sure this is ridiculous.

Also, this sort of thing being brushed off as "idol culture" or "just how things are done" is pretty damn disturbing. And this is for a dude, the girls have it much worse.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Scaramanga wrote:
oblivious247 wrote:
divinicide wrote:
Maybe he should do what Aya Hirano did and change agencies.

He doesn't get to simply leave. Johnny's invested thousands upon thousands of dollars into him. He was with the company for 8 years from 1998 to 2006 before he made his official debut. 8 years being trained in singing, dancing, acting on their money. Each guy that comes into Johnny's is a huge investment and as such their contracts are much stricter than a seiyuu's contract.

Are you trying to say Johnny hasn't made their money back on him? I'm pretty sure this is ridiculous.

Also, this sort of thing being brushed off as "idol culture" or "just how things are done" is pretty damn disturbing. And this is for a dude, the girls have it much worse.

Well of course they've made their money back now. It doesn't mean his contract just up and disappears though.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah yeah, too bad for him, congratulations on the baby, etc. etc.

More importantly....

They are making a new GTO live-action series!? Shocked I absolutely loved the other one! I honestly preferred that to the anime adaptation. Oh man, I am excited.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2