• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Dusk maiden of Amnesia Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Great news! I hope the series continues to be good; and the ending is satisfactory (since it is a manga adaptation). For me it is the best series from the Spring 2012 season so far.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
sentai... it's nice to hear this but slow the hell down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Senroll keep on bringing the good news. Will be looking out for this i think as the first poster says this is one of the better shows this season so far.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

I think that as long as Sentai licenses good series, it is a positive thing.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, plus I feel like half the shows they license won't sell well even if they are good (since they seem to be kind of obscure).
skyreno4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
"Gotta catch em all.... Senroll", they are on fire, they will licensed anything and like david williams said at animeboston he a licensed whore. well nice catch from them, i hope they dub it.

Now i wonder what are they going to announced for tomorrow? >.>, i bet is "Hyouka", nice day to announce it
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Seriously, it's a bit nerve-wracking at the rate they are grabbing up licenses and announcing them. I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Makes me wonder if they're offered the series at a substantial discount if they offer to license it within the first couple weeks of it airing rather than at the end when its Japanese ratings are known.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Makes me wonder if they're offered the series at a substantial discount if they offer to license it within the first couple weeks of it airing rather than at the end when its Japanese ratings are known.

It probably depends. If its a really unknown show that winds up doing really great then I am sure they would expect more. But if its already a part of a popular franchise or something then I am sure its going to be high right from the start.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Sentai is indeed truly on fire! I was hoping this would be picked up seriously they have licensed twice as many more titles then Funimation this season..hopefully all of them are given finely crafted dubs!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
For those of you who are telling Sentai to "slow down" ... um, you do understand how the distribution biz works, right? Less product = less revenue. Also, the more titles you put out, the more chances of having a big seller that can subsidize other titles that didn't sell as well. So relax - just sit back and enjoy the bounty.
opn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
since it had the same regional restrictions as medaka box and queens blade this was expected anyway i been meaning to start this but i haven't gotten to it yet but i'll probably enjoy it so good job sentai. bet they will announce hyouka or uppote tomorrow. Razz
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
skyreno4 wrote:
"Gotta catch em all.... Senroll", they are on fire, they will licensed anything and like david williams said at animeboston he a licensed whore. well nice catch from them, i hope they dub it.

And, they did catch them all. Dusk Maiden was the last Media Factory published show this season. Sentai must've gotten everything in a decent bundle.

Getting digital rights is fine and allows a company to gauge interest in it, but I wonder if there is an out-clause in the contracts for home media rights if the show bombs via streaming since all the Sentai announcements mention home media release to follow.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I just saw this on Twitter, from @jlskun: "Interesting statistic about Sentai Filmworks -- "in 2012, on average, there's been a new Sentai license announced once every 4.23 days."" and "29 license announcements since the beginning of the year". That's...a lot.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
HYOUKA NEXT PLEASE!!!!!!!!! And Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos PLEASE! Hurry before NIS Comes to piss me off!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5