• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Niconico Posts About Several Anime Titles' Removal

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StormSky92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quote
So, they aren't permanently removed then? That's what i'm getting out of that statement anyway.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:16 am Reply with quote
Nothing Said, Masterfully done.

Mark Gosdin
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:53 am Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:

Mark Gosdin

Well, something said: they are updating their website "and programming".

That's it. Everything else is an invitation to readers to believe that the shows are coming back, without promising that they are.
gwdone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to have seen Blood-c from there. I wish I had an official release of that one.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
the site lacked the full stream video power it needed. also with Cruchyroll and Funimation seemed to only have a few by it self. Blood C being the only one I can think of. Hulu and even here have better video players than Niconico. Till they fix the player they will always be a bit player.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:

Mark Gosdin

I agree. Now they can truthfully say, they updated their viewers.

But nothing was really said. Updating their website and programming only means they are making changes. It no way implies or promises a restoration of titles.

That they did not clearly explain what has happened or why, means that something is going on and they are not prepared or willing too discuss it at this time. You can bet it is nothing good that you want to hear; of course there is a chance they are just trolling us, but I don't rate that chance very high.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
That they did not clearly explain what has happened or why, means that something is going on and they are not prepared or willing too discuss it at this time. You can bet it is nothing good that you want to hear; ...

That's not automatic ~ sites often hold off on details of a new site design rollout until the rollout itself ~ but it seems like if they had something more definite to say, this would be a good time to say it.
TD912

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they got rid of the old shows and are preparing for add some new shows like Sankarea, Jormungand, and KoreZom? Maybe they're getting a new site layout? Maybe it's just Engrish.

For what it's worth, last season's shows still have their channel pages up, but the videos were removed. ie. http://ch.niconico.com/channel/ch60160
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
TD912 wrote:
Maybe they got rid of the old shows and are preparing for add some new shows like Sankarea, Jormungand, and KoreZom? ...

If that's it, if they have shows for such an extremely short period after the season ends ... they would definitely want to hold off on explaining that bad news until they have some new shows to distract people.

Crunchyroll members used to blast them for series that went off license a month after the end of the season ~ there are still complaints now when an end of license announcement goes up, even if the series was in the catalog for an extra year or two until someone finally licensed it.

I can see how they would rather duck now and wait until they could deliver the bad news alongside some good news.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
That they did not clearly explain what has happened or why, means that something is going on and they are not prepared or willing too discuss it at this time. You can bet it is nothing good that you want to hear; ...

That's not automatic ~ sites often hold off on details of a new site design rollout until the rollout itself ~ but it seems like if they had something more definite to say, this would be a good time to say it.

You might be right, but taking things down without explanation does not bode well.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
agila61 wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

You might be right, but taking things down without explanation does not bode well.

Or it could be incompetence at customer relations ~ obviously they could have announced their current non-explanation in advance of the take down and the online reaction would have been substantially less hysterical.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
Considering that they are predominately a Japanese only company who are trying to be nice to the rest of the world as a trial when they really don't have to be, and just might have someone on the payroll that happens to speak English of some level, this is good enough. If I'm reading the right lines in between, it 's saying "if you notice something missing, do let us know." I have to say I only use NND for anything Vocaloid related and I've not noticed any of that missing as yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1