Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Rerelease Baccano! Anime on Blu-ray Disc


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigOnAnime



Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 811
Location: Minnesota, USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Nice, though it won't be as nice probably as the LE. Well now I won't have to go the import route or scalper route if I want Baccano! on BD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kurohei



Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 543
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean we're closer to a Durarara bluray?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Didn't expect this. Glad to hear it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
luffypirate



Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 3139
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Does this mean we're closer to a Durarara bluray?


Yes. It's coming out soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigOnAnime



Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 811
Location: Minnesota, USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Kurohei wrote:
Does this mean we're closer to a Durarara bluray?


Yes. It's coming out soon.
Although a direct import won't happen at this point. On a side-note, strange things are still going on with it at Amazon Japan.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0071X0O00
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate



Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 3139
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Kurohei wrote:
Does this mean we're closer to a Durarara bluray?


Yes. It's coming out soon.
Although a direct import won't happen at this point. On a side-note, strange things are still going on with it at Amazon Japan.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0071X0O00


This shit is killing my pre-orders. I'm going with HMV Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kusanagi-sama



Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Posts: 1714
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Watch it cost $200 like ROD the TV is, and nobody will ever be able to afford it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 3079
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Watch it cost $200 like ROD the TV is, and nobody will ever be able to afford it.


Plenty of people will be able to afford it, they just won't buy anything else.


Last edited by Charred Knight on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daimao Raki



Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 593
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Watch it cost $200 like ROD the TV is, and nobody will ever be able to afford it.
The last release was 70 bucks. This one should be cheaper or equal price.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BigOnAnime



Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 811
Location: Minnesota, USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
This shit is killing my pre-orders. I'm going with HMV Japan.
Wait a second, just now, it's back up for order. Is the Aniplex/Amazon issue resolved now? [Edit]It's gone again, sigh...
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Watch it cost $200 like ROD the TV is, and nobody will ever be able to afford it.
Uh, then explain why this is sold out? It cost more than R.O.D. on BD did (BTW, R.O.D. has always been priced at $200 for a box set release).
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/90689/4/0/0
How about this?
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/62207/4/0/0

Put simply people will buy this stuff, but sacrifices will probably be made. Though a regular BD for Baccano! will be much cheaper considering as someone already stated, it cost $70 MSRP.


Last edited by BigOnAnime on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SaiyanHero16



Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 265
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I was able to snag it the first time they released it. I hope they get around to releasing Durarara on Blu-ray soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate



Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 3139
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
This shit is killing my pre-orders. I'm going with HMV Japan.
Wait a second, just now, it's back up for order. Is the Aniplex/Amazon issue resolved now?

Ahhh it must have went up then disappeared. The Kannagi box has been doing the same thing. IRRITATING!

kusanagi-sama wrote:
Watch it cost $200 like ROD the TV is, and nobody will ever be able to afford it.

It has never been $200. It's ranged from as high as $160 to as low as $100.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigOnAnime



Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 811
Location: Minnesota, USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
It has never been $200. It's ranged from as high as $160 to as low as $100.
They're referring to the MSRP which is $200 which you can clearly see on the Rightstuf page.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/89706/4/0/0

Nice how every single box set release for R.O.D. has been $200 MSRP, every single one.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/66763/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/66957/4/0/0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4357
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Kurohei wrote:
Does this mean we're closer to a Durarara bluray?


Yes. It's coming out soon.
Although a direct import won't happen at this point. On a side-note, strange things are still going on with it at Amazon Japan.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0071X0O00


This shit is killing my pre-orders. I'm going with HMV Japan.


You are probably aware that the Japanese blu-ray set of Durarara!! is supposed to have the English dub from the U.S. release. I doubt Aniplex USA would release a cheaper version in the States.

The Baccano! news are great. I am looking forward to watching Baccano! in HD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
luffypirate



Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 3139
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
It has never been $200. It's ranged from as high as $160 to as low as $100.
They're referring to the MSRP which is $200 which you can clearly see on the Rightstuf page.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/89706/4/0/0

Nice how every single box set release for R.O.D. has been $200 MSRP, every single one.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/66763/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/ieCtlSn=MHck4E=3Uq/browse/item/66957/4/0/0


EDIT: shit sorry misunderstood. But yeah, I was referring to the store prices over the last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group