• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Popular Spring Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Botan24

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Too bad tsuritama is number fourteen. It really is under appreciated. Here's hoping it gets more love! But, I am glad to see Kids on the Slope at number six. And Space Brothers at number eight! Ah, so many good shows this season.

Speaking of that, look at Hyouka in first place. I haven't heard much about the show, since it missed the preview guide, and no one is streaming it over here. The only thing I keep hearing is how beautiful it looks. But what about the story? Maybe I'll have to seek some fansubs of this one...
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I want to see Hyouka too; I'm entranced by the big purple shimmery eyeballs that the characters have.

But Lupin III isn't even on the list? Nooooo! I want that show to be wildly successful, I love it so.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Ya, I toally wasn't expecting Hyouka since it wasn't in any of the previews, but it is a pretty interesting piece of work, and the graphics just look awesome. I look forward to Hyouka every week more so than even Fate/Zero now a days.......
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Space Brothers in front of Is This a Zombie? of the Dead can anyone tell me if average Biglobe users are actually otakus?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, this is a Biglobe poll thats actually pretty close to the preorder numbers. The only anime in the top 5 which isn't projected to be a top seller is Sankarea.

Regarding Hyouka, main reason its this high is because its KyoAni. Anything KyoAni is insanely hyped and loved (unless its Nichijou).

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Volibear

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Space Brothers in front of Is This a Zombie? of the Dead can anyone tell me if average Biglobe users are actually otakus?

from past polls i'd always thought they were, but this poll actually seems respectable, at least to me anyway, although i'd put E7:AO and Zetman a little higher and Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia in the top 10 but overall this poll doesn't seem that bad
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Hyouka @ number 1 huh, well not too surprising although I was a little surprised @ Medaka Box's spot. Fate/Zero's rank 2 didn't surprise me at all considering all the hype from the first season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I want Medaka Box to be successful, even though I haven't read the manga. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm also disappointed with Hiiro no Kakera's and Phi Brain's spots. Upotte!!'s too.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
These Biglobe polls are good light interest pieces, but I wish I had more context for just what they mean, if they mean anything at all. Take that to mean that a lot of, "perhaps," and, "well maybe," should underlie the rest of this since I'm not really sure of this poll's implications.

I have heard of Hyouka and I know that I've read about it at least twice, but I can't remember what it was about, off hand. So, its apparent success is pretty inscrutable to me. I have this feeling it's one of those things where I'd read through the premise looking for a 'hook' or something to make it remarkable and never find it or not be impressed when I do.

I'm glad that Kids on the Slope at least made the 'top ten'. I think it's a terrific show. It's a little awkward that it's the only series in the top ten that I'm paying attention to, although I am watching the eleventh place title, Jormungand.

I'm a little shocked that Queen's Blade: Rebellion and AKB0048 placed so low.

Myaow wrote:
I want to see Hyouka too; I'm entranced by the big purple shimmery eyeballs that the characters have.

But Lupin III isn't even on the list? Nooooo! I want that show to be wildly successful, I love it so.

You and I both, brother. I gave a small Vader NOOOOO! at realizing that it was either not on the list or did not rank. I hope that it was just excluded for the ballots for some reason. A world wherein a sequel to Cardfight!! Vanguard places and a cool, visually adventurous incarnation of a deservedly enduring franchise doesn't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I have heard of Hyouka and I know that I've read about it at least twice, but I can't remember what it was about, off hand. So, its apparent success is pretty inscrutable to me. I have this feeling it's one of those things where I'd read through the premise looking for a 'hook' or something to make it remarkable and never find it or not be impressed when I do.

Its just KyoAni, thats all it really is. Amazingly animated, and based on some old novel most people don't know, but everything KyoAni becomes amazingly popular since they're the most popular studio in the industry.

They've turned little known 4koma mangas like Lucky Star and K-On into massive franchises, so people will always get excited and hype their new projects.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Anything KyoAni is insanely hyped and loved (unless its Nichijou).

F*ck them, That was awesome.

now that THAT little personal gripe is out of the way...

Glad to see Hoyuka being #1, I've seen the eps, its indeed light but we could be getting into a very good direction soon. Of course I'm saddened that fanhype is the real reason its up so high (The only other Kyoani works I really care for are Haruhi and nichijou.)

Oher than that though I'm also glad to see space brothers and kids on the slope being in the top 10 list, the latter I need to seriously catch up on.

As far as Accel world, Its Alright sofar, buuuut....I dunno, It'll have to depend on what happens later. I would say I'm surpised to see Tsuritama so low, but If the poll voters are who I think they are then I I wouldn't be at all surpised.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I approve of this list.
opn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
kinda surprised to see KOTS and kuroko on there since both aren't moe shows like most of the other shows in the top ten but still good none the less (even though it doesn't mean anything since KOTS is doing poorly so far and kuroko is only doing decent). And about hyouka kyo ani being involved is really the only reason its so high up on the list. Im also surprised that AKB is not even in the top ten since its probably going be the second best selling show this season right behind fate/zero 2.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Regarding Hyouka, main reason its this high is because its KyoAni. Anything KyoAni is insanely hyped and loved (unless its Nichijou).

Ever heard of Munto? If not, you're not alone, and it's proof that KyoAni doesn't always equal gold.
testyal1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed to see Acchi Kocchi only reaching 15th. It's the most adorable anime I've seen thus far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4