• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - X Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what the opinion would be on Maximum Ride. I've only managed to finish up to volume 4 so far, but I'm interested in where the story is going. It seems like the original novel was meant to be manga-fied because I'm trying to imagine this back in its written form (and trying not to think it would end up like some series slapped on Scy-Fy's incredibly mediocre lineup of movies).
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad that Kurosagi got some love in this week's column. It's one of my favorites and I am grateful that Dark Horse keeps releasing it, even though it's not a huge money maker for them.

Quote:
How does he keep topping himself with bizarre ideas that mix everyday life with the occult?

I agree! I'm not usually drawn to horror stories, especially graphic ones, but I have yet to get bored with this series. So original! I also agree with you about the characters - they are so gosh darn unique and likeable.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
It is official I am going to read Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service!
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I also love Kurosagi. It's just so fun to read and very engaging.

Of course, I'm always wishing for more Yata and his puppet. (Kere Ellis or Kerellis? Can't remember which right now.) Love that one back story scene we got with Yata and his family.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
The thing I like about Kurosagi it that they are so matter of fact about the horror. Something shows up, they figure it out and fix the problem as best as is possible. Everyone about them is involved, freaking out, or both and they just cope.

There does seem to be a overall plot that shows up little by little.
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Definitely going for X. I have the first omnibus and look forward to this second omnibus. I know it might not be the most logical manga, but it's really good and epic.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I am still debating X myself, since I really think the editions being put out look great and I like supporting good releases. But at the same time, I know there is no ending for it and I honestly don't believe it will ever be finished.

I just don't know what to do!
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I love Kurosagi, but volume 12 was not as good as it can get. However, there was one important detail left out of the review that's making me clamor for volume 13. It's not just any two characters that are "off on an errand" (did they actually describe that way in the manga? I don't think so...) It's the male & female leads, the characters who've held a subtle "will they or won't they?" vibe since volume 1. Maybe it's just the shipper in me reading too much into things, but I really want to know what crazy, possibly contrived plot point got these two particular characters to go on a trip alone, and according to Carl Horn, I need volume 13 to find out!

X--eh, I never read a CLAMP manga that I especially liked. Not gonna start now.

Maximum Ride--really fun manga, probably a weird-to-ridiculous set of novels. I'm very happy reading the manga version, and thanks to that review, I know I'm not missing out. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1