• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Next' Tales Of… RPG Previewed Before June Unveiling

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Well at least you guys get more than us in the UK. Anime cry

Also, a Tales of Festival? Once again I find myself wishing I knew Japanese (why does every class I try to attend get cancelled?) and had the money to go to Japan!
superdry

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:

And about ToGf selling well....not really. The numbers were leaked. It sold less than 80,000 copies, which is not really well in sales.

VGChartz or NPD? 80K is decent. Depends on on how much it cost Bamco to localize it.

I'm always amazed on how closed American video game sales number are compared to the Japanese.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:

And about ToGf selling well....not really. The numbers were leaked. It sold less than 80,000 copies, which is not really well in sales.

VGChartz or NPD? 80K is decent. Depends on on how much it cost Bamco to localize it.

I'm always amazed on how closed American video game sales number are compared to the Japanese.

It was an NPD leak, that said it was between 50k and 80k. 80k being the high end still doesn't sound very impressive since Namco is a bigger company. They want to sell hundreds of thousands of copies, not 80k.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:25 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
And I wish Forza Motorsport 4 had sold better in Japan. Different markets, different tastes.

Yeah, too bad there aren't more J-racers to play against our "Gunsmith Cats" team! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2