• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Bones Makes Zetsuen no Tempest Anime for Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Ah good, I have hope now.

Can't wait for this fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
burnpsy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
Bones?

Well, this anime at least has my attention now.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote
Bones is creating a series that is not sequel.That is strange.
Keyl

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

Wasn't everything that Bones did in 2011, non-sequels? Doesn't that make your comment really really dumb?
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Keyl wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

Wasn't everything that Bones did in 2011, non-sequels? Doesn't that make your comment really really dumb?

Bones 2011: Gosick, No.6 and Un-Go

and to be fair, Bones has only ever done 3 sequel series to my knowledge, DtB, FMA and E7 and 2 of those took over 5 years to make the sequel of anyway and all 3 where fully deserving of a sequel so really it was a poor comment

as for Zetsuen no Tempest, just did a quick look up of the story and it sounds good, and if my favourite studio went for it i'm sure it won't disappoint
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Just being made by Bones is enough to get me to watch it. Looked up info and read the first manga chapter and that made me even more pumped! Now the true challenge will be to wait till fall without reading any more chapters!
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
and to be fair, Bones has only ever done 3 sequel series to my knowledge, DtB, FMA and E7

You're leaving out the Bebop and Escaflowne movies (both were animated by Bones albiet being Sunrise properties derived from former former Sunrise/future Bones staff)... although technically neither were sequels... but yea...
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I guess if you wanted to be really strict about it you could count the Wolf's Rain OVA, but they only did that because the studio was quarantined for a month or something like that and so they couldn't do a full 26 non-recap episodes like they originally intended (or maybe they might have originally intended to do one recap episode, I don't know?), in other words the 4 OVA episodes made up for the four recap episodes in the TV series, which were there due to circumstances outside BONES' control. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that BONES doesn't usually do sequels, mostly they try and wrap things up in one series and focus on new projects.

I hadn't passed this show over completely before (had some interest), but the fact that BONES is animating it means I am now really looking forward to it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:01 am Reply with quote
Always up for a new Bones show, looking forward to seeing what this is since I haven't looked up the story info yet which I probably will in the near future while we wait.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
I find it odd that no one has picked GoSick up to be released here in the states seems like a no-brainer to me considering Sentai picked up Un-Go not to long ago you think they would jump at the chance for another Bones title!I'm not sure if this anime will be worth watching or not we will soon find out in good time!
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:21 am Reply with quote
Gosick was licensed by Bandai, who have now stopped releasing anime (apart from reprinting previous releases for as long as they can) on DVD and Blu-ray, so that probably explains why another company hasn't picked up the license. I really like what I've seen of Gosick, so I hope somebody rescues the license and releases the title on BD. I think the australian release may still be going ahead, if so importing would be an option.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:29 am Reply with quote
To the best of knowledge, it'd be less a "rescue" and more a whole new license.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1